Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

spouse visa: Information required

Toggle
spouse visa: Information required
Answer
8/9/06 5:22 PM
Hello All,

I am raghavendra here working in Heidelberg,germany since 5 months. I am here for a one year work permit. I have applied for my wife visa nearly 4 and half months back. I have gone through this website wherein I had a good information.
Right now, status is chennai consulate have taken my marriage certificate original, marriage snaps and they might have given it to private agency to verify it. Since 2 months I am in constant touch with them even with german authorities. They are telling that they are verifying with marriage certificate and cant tell the time frame when it will be completed. Pls suggest me what shall I do at this stage.
My passport and my wife passport have endorsed our names as spouse.
But, my marriage certificate is not attested by MEA nor translated into german.
so, 1. shall I translate copy of marriage certificate(original is with chennai consulate) into german version and submit to them?
2. How do I contact private agency and ask how long it will take to process? As nobody turned out to my home or to my wife home to enquire till date. whom should I contact for this purpose.
I will be waiting for your reply.
Pls do the needful.
thank you, Raghu
0 (0 Votes)

Re: spouse visa: Information required
Answer
8/9/06 6:14 PM as a reply to raghu n.
they might have given it to private agency to verify it.

If they submit your case to a private agency, they should contact you for the payment. It should cost around 750 EUR or so.

All you can do now is wait for the private agency to submit their report to the consulate. Usually it takes 1 - 2 months. But might take longer.

You cannot contact the private agency directly. They may not come to your house or to your wife's house. They may just enquire about your marriage in the temple/church/... or your neighbourhood. And the consulate will not tell how long its going to take.

You need the german translation only when you register your wife here. That's only after she has arrived here.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/9/06 6:43 PM as a reply to raghu n.
thank you very much Mr.HB
for the information.
Can I have your email id pls. I would like to speak to you regarding this.
mail: raghubms@yahoo.co.in
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/12/06 8:50 PM as a reply to raghu n.
Hello All,

As chennai consulate have taken my original marriage certificate for verification since 2 and half months back. And when we enquired even with registrar office yesterday, they said nobody turned out till now to enquire. So, we wanted to get the attestation in the my another copy of marriage certificate and we have given it to state home dept and we will be receiving the same with attestation and seal in a couple of days.
And as one of my friend adviced me that MEA attestation is not required. Only state home dept attestion is sufficient.
shall i submit this marriage certificate to chennai consulate to speed up the visa process.
But right now, verification is going on with one marriage certificate(without attestation by home dept, state). If I submit another marriage certificate(with attestation by home dept, state) whether chennai consulate will accept it and speed up the process or will it delay it? pls let me know at the earliest.
Even though i submit marriage certificate attested.. still consulate will wait for private agency to complete verification or not?
Pls do the needful. thank you,waiting for your reply..
Raghu
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/13/06 4:02 PM as a reply to raghu n.
have u applied from germany or from india??i wonder (if u have applied from india) then why embassy didnt ask for the attested copies of certificates from MEA btw in delhi they will only accept the application after u get ur doc attested from MEA.
btw this spouse visa issues more based on ur Luck:-).
some r getting it in 1 month some r not getting it evenafter 1 year.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/13/06 6:03 PM as a reply to raghu n.
I have submitted marriage certificate in india nearly 2 and half months back. chennai consulate didnt ask for any attestation. so we have submitted it as it is.
Now, after going through trust7 website, i thought of attestation with another marriage certificate and I am doing the same.
Shall I submit the same again, whether it will speed up the visa process?
In my opinion, chennai embassy must have given earlier marriage certificate to private agency to verify. Till date, nobody came for verification either to my house/wife house and even not to registrar office where it was issued. So, if I submit the another marriage certificate with attestation, will they consider this and give the approval? even though already verification is going on by private agency.
Even all these things are taken care by company side for which I am working but still I didnt get any info regarding attestation.
Pls help me out.
thank you,
Raghu
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/20/06 10:19 PM as a reply to raghu n.
Pls give me some suggestions what can be done at this stage.. to my queries.
waiting for your reply.
Raghu
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/6/06 6:30 PM as a reply to raghu n.
Hi Raghu,

I just went through your mail here and I feel even I am sailing on the same boat as you. So I wanted to check with you as to what is the status of your visa.

Even I have got one copy of my marraige certificate attested by home dept and MEA, and will be submitting the same next week. So did that attestation help you and have you got the visa already, and if so in how many days.

Looking forward to your reply...

Thanks,
Kiran.
0 (0 Votes)

Dependent Visa Workpermit.
Answer
10/15/06 11:53 PM as a reply to raghu n.
Hi,
Can Any one give some deatils about Dependent visa work permit.Is it dependent will get automatically work permit after one year of stay in germany..?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott