Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Urgent -working more than 30 hrs - elternzeit

Toggle
Hi

I have got varying information on this one.
I want to know if you are on elternzeit , can you work more than 30 hrs if you are not asking for any elterngeld from the Govt.?One of the tax consultant friends said that if you are not taking any elterngeld you can work more than 30 hrs . But then again I get different views on this . Can anyone tell me what is the correct explanation with some references from law books?

Thanks

Aby
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Urgent -working more than 30 hrs - elternzeit
Answer
10/16/11 8:27 PM as a reply to aby baby.
why don't you take Raj advice to contact a lawyer and have a private consultation?

or

Read the law by yourself.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/17/11 8:31 AM as a reply to aby baby.
Sure..Raj could you please recommend me a good lawyer for consultation.

Aby
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/17/11 12:42 PM as a reply to aby baby.
I am also interested to know information about this. Could you please update me or this thread if you get any new information.

I think we can also call elterngeld stelle and ask them, I will call them this week and will update if i get any information.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/17/11 6:22 PM as a reply to aby baby.
check this site
www.frag-einen-anwalt.de
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/20/11 3:36 PM as a reply to aby baby.
The latest I have from acouple of lawyers and tax consultants is that you can work ore than 30 hrs as if you dont get elterngeld or any other benefit like health insurance contributions .

Aby
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/20/11 5:55 PM as a reply to aby baby.
so what did your lawyer friends tell about your employer refusing permission for freelance during elternzeit?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/20/11 7:16 PM as a reply to aby baby.
HI raj,

Lawyers say that as per law employer can refuse second employment during parental leave only for operational reasons like working for competitor where you can share trade secrets . He has to refuse in writing within 4 weeks from the date of application for elternzeit . If he does not give refusal in writing within this time then it is considered approved by law.

Aby
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/20/11 7:20 PM as a reply to aby baby.
hey Raj

I am getting different view from one lawyer on working hours during elternzeit . Got me confused again . The ration is 3:1 . 3 guys said you can work more than 30 hrs if you dont get elterngeld or health insurance from govt during elternzeit and 1 said that the limit is 30 hrs whether you get any money from govt or not . What to do ?

Aby
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/20/11 7:49 PM as a reply to aby baby.
I would also agree with the majority of the lawyers. If you dont get money from the government, you dont have to follow 30 hrs. But what is the user of elternzeit if you are goin to work more than 30 hrs or even 30 hrs? I dont see any benefit
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/20/11 8:04 PM as a reply to aby baby.
Here it is ..I am getting a job where i can work from home ..So I have flexibilty in choosing hours ...This way i can be with my child and work as well .

ABy
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/21/11 12:58 PM as a reply to aby baby.
@ABy: If you change your employer does the elternzeit still exists? As far as i know during elternzeit your job is protected, that is a company cannot fire you, but if you quit yourself and join a new job there will be probezeit and the new employer has a chance to fire within probezeit.I am bit confused.

@Raj: The only advantage (if allowed to work for more than 30 hours) during elternzeit is job is secured.

Correct me if i am wrong.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/21/11 2:12 PM as a reply to aby baby.
@aby: Yes, that will work fine.

@baba
>> If you change your employer does the elternzeit still exists? As far as i know during elternzeit your job is protected, that is a company cannot fire you, but if you quit yourself and join a new job there will be probezeit and the new employer has a chance to fire within probezeit.I am bit confused.

There is nothing to be confused about here. The elternzeit exists only with your present employer. So the job is secured for that duration. Once you quit the present company during elternzeit, the elternzeit ends automatically. You have to apply agin for elternzeit with the new company and they may reject and then cancel your contract within the probezeit.

more information with examples below

http://www.bmfsfj.de/RedaktionBMFSFJ/Broschuerenstelle/Pdf-Anlagen/Elterngeld-und-Elternzeit,property=pdf,bereich=bmfsfj,sprache=de,rwb=true.pdf
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/21/11 2:48 PM as a reply to aby baby.
@Raj
Thanks for the link. So the topic header is nothing to do if one goes for a new job.

Thanks
baba
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3