Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Info required for HSMP

Toggle
Info required for HSMP
Answer
8/9/06 5:00 PM
Dear Friends,
I am Kumaran, working in Germany for last three years. I have eight years of experience in embedded mainly in Automotive infotainment. Now I am looking at the prospects of applying HSMP and did a bit of study on the net.

I am more than 28 years old and my points are 70.

What are my chances of HSMP approvel with 70 points, just 5 more than the eligible 65.

Would it be better to make use of professional services like workpermit.com / skillclear.com to make a strong case and to minimize the chances of refusal.

It would be great, if the present HSMP applicants or holders could guide me.

Thank you

Best Regards
Kumaran

elangkumaran AT gmail DOT com
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Info required for HSMP
Answer
8/10/06 8:11 PM as a reply to Elangkumaran Subbarayan.
Hi kumaran,

70 points is good enough, you will get it for sure. Don't use any service if you can get it by your own, it costs a lot (and NOT 100% guarantee). You should be confident yourself, if you are not good enough, no matter what service you use, you will lose anyway.
one more thing, wondering why you wanna work in UK, as far as I know Germany is much better. My friend works as an job agent in UK, he told me that life is not as easy as that in germany, you could lost your job easily (of cos it is also easy to get another one), work load is much much heavier, you are not going to get 30 days annual leave anymore, hospital is always full, some of the patients die on the corridor without even checking in a room, things are much expensive, unless you really have a good pay, you won't have much saving like that in germany. The positive thing is that you can get PR after 4 years, citizen after 5 years. in fact, if you work here for another 5 years, you can get German citizenship, then you dont need HSMP work permit anymore if you still want to move to UK. think about it again b4 you start the application.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/11/06 2:52 AM as a reply to Elangkumaran Subbarayan.
Do it by yourself, but look at the evaluation procedures on the website of the home office (I posted the links a while ago).

If you go to the UK, conditions depends a lot where you go, London is expensive, and its not very good if you have a family, compared to almost anywhere in Germany. However, with HSMP you can work as a contractor, or take/change a job quite easily, (employers value an HSMP, because it saves them the administrative hassle and they know they are getting someone highly qualified). If you get a decent job, you will get private insurance, and when you get UK citizenship, you will be allowed to keep your current passport (dual citizenship is allowed).

rgds,
-a
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/11/06 4:20 PM as a reply to Elangkumaran Subbarayan.
Dear mmtt & Aalvarez,

I thank you both for your input. I do well aware of social security differences between Germany and UK. But in Germany, I am missing out lot of good job opportunities due to lack of German.
I can speak to an extend but not all that fluent.
Also I don't anticipate me reaching that level of fluency in near future. So I wanted to try out in UK.

Regards
Kumaran
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3