Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

health insurance apply

Toggle
health insurance apply
Answer
12/7/08 8:20 PM
Hello,
I am woking in Germany since 2007 and had DKV reisenversicherung. This insurance used to cover all my health related bills. Now I have joined a new company in Germany and I want to opt for the Statuotory health insurance. Can any one please suggest me where to apply for the same or are their any sites. Also please state the procedure to change insurance i.e. from DKV to Statuotory insurance.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: health insurance apply
Answer
12/8/08 3:55 PM as a reply to Reddy Babu.
Sorry it does not work that way. You cannot change from private to public as and when you wish to change. One option would be to become arbeitslos and then they may allow.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/8/08 4:18 PM as a reply to Reddy Babu.
@raj

...or work hard towards deteriorating your performance to such standard that the employer is forced to reduce your salary below 46K
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/8/08 4:45 PM as a reply to Reddy Babu.
@akshay

I would think the employer will always take the easy way out :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/9/08 2:46 PM as a reply to Reddy Babu.
Hello Reddybabu,

If you are having a Reisekrankenversicherung (an insurance meant ONLY for Expatriates) from DKV, you can always switch over to any Public Insurance.

This is an exception, since the DKV Reisekrankenversicherung is not considered as a normal full-blown health insurance.

So far my knowledge goes, TKK is one of the best public health insurances you can have in Germany. My 2 cents for you will be to go for this. Hope it helps.

Cheers.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/9/08 7:40 PM as a reply to Reddy Babu.
Hello EssKay,
Thanks for the valuable information. Today I discussed the same with my company Finance guy and he said that this insurance which I had with DKV is not a normal one and so he will be applying for Statuotory insurance for me which covers myself & my family. I think from Jan2009 they will deduct good amount on this. I also asked him whether I am eligible for the statuotory as I had DKV which was a kind of Private insurance. But the finance guy seems to be sure that I will have the statuotory insurance. Now which one do you suggest is better: -
Statuotory or TKK which you had mentioned earlier. i have infact no ideas on these insurance companies.
Your information and suggestion are valuable.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/9/08 9:48 PM as a reply to Reddy Babu.
Check this

www.bundderversicherten.de/bdv/.../Krankenversicherung/Gesetzliche/Gesetzliche_Krankenversicherung_Vergleich_Anb

You can easily find the lowest rates, but check whether the insurer is healthy (from solvency point of view).

my 0.02% of advice ;)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/10/08 7:09 PM as a reply to Reddy Babu.
Thanks everybody for the vital information. The company has applied AOK public insurance for me and have said to me that this insurance shall cover me,, and my family. I do not know when the insurance card shall come or how long it takes for them to get me the AOK insrunace.

I have no idea about AOK, hope its good.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/10/08 7:16 PM as a reply to Reddy Babu.
heard TKK is the best among the public ones.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott