Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

German Citizen + Indian Spouse VisaFrom Application to Verification to Appr

Hi,

I am an Indian Girl who is married to a german citizen. We got our marriage certified in India and are going to apply for the Family reunion visa. There are several related topics on this forum but my question is how long does it take from the day you apply to the day you receive your visa. Does the 6-12 weeks stipulated on the German Embassy website include the verification process?

Is there anything I can do to expedite this process or make it as smooth as possible? Would be super grateful for any advice!

Thank you!
Laal
0 (0 Votes)

Re: German Citizen + Indian Spouse VisaFrom Application to Verification to
Answer
10/8/11 11:11 PM as a reply to Radhika Laal.
Hi Laal

Yes, 8-12 weeks also include verification time. Your husband can contact alien office in Germany requesting them to expedite the process for your visa after a week to your submission of application. This generally shortens the time period.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/10/11 11:41 AM as a reply to Radhika Laal.
Thank you Rajender.

Do you know what documents would be required from his side?
Since he is a german citizen does he need to show proof of income etc?

Also is the formal invitation letter required if he is physically present during the time of my application?

Thank you again. Any advice is welcome!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/10/11 12:29 PM as a reply to Radhika Laal.
You husband should be able to provide the following documents

1. 3 months salary receipts
2. House contract to prove that both of you have enough place to live in
3. Marriage certificate(translated into german and attested)
4. Health insurance(not compulsory) unless asked.

The marriage verification will be done by the embassy at your cost. So dont pay money to get it attested from indian govt or so...waste of time and money.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/12/12 2:29 AM as a reply to Radhika Laal.
Hello Laal,
since my indian girl and me (german guy) like to get married fast: would you please give us some support how and where you could cope to marry ?
We got visa difficulties.
Visa for intended marriage (in Germany) demands a so called affidavit - this we will never get.
Tunga1111
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/12/12 10:12 AM as a reply to Radhika Laal.
I think it is easier to get married in India but ofcourse nothing is totally without problems. If your girlfriend lives in India then you could get married under the Special Marriage Act (Google it) in the place of her residence and then apply for a visa with the certificate. The whole process takes about 30-40 days.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/12/12 1:33 PM as a reply to Radhika Laal.
Hello Laal,
thank you so much for your reply and the suggestion ! I had similar idea - have to discuss about this with my girl.
Where did you get married ? How could you cope ? Which problems did you have ? (Family / documents...)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/16/12 9:14 PM as a reply to Radhika Laal.
For the special Marriage act its better to go the court where they register marriages in your city and ask them what you will need. Its proof of birth and address as far as I know. Then you make an application with your partner after which they give you a mandatory 30 day waiting period. After the waiting period has lapsed you take two or three witnesses (not sure) for the registration. But things differ slightly from place to place in India so better to find out directly. Good luck!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott