Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Meeting the World!

Hello! I am ........

Toggle
Hello! I am ........
Answer
3/19/05 12:19 PM
Hello there! I have read many messages from this forum, but have never found the time to get involved, but I think it is time and others should also, since it would be good to hear from more than the few regulars.

My name is Christopher and I am from the USA, which probably makes me a large minority, since very few Americans are GC's. Also, I am a very opened minded person and have seen the World and not what one would consider typical American. I have been in Frankfurt, Germany as GC for 2 1/2 years and love it here. I also love to travel and have seen a lot of the World. One place I have never seen, but would love to visit, is India. I love indian food and music and think it would be a very intering place to experience. I just do not know so much about the country and best places to go and see. Maybe some Indians here can give me some inside information on your country, so that I can visit someday and get "off the beat and path" a little and see the real country and people and not just tourist spots.

I would love to also hear from others in the forum from different countries.

Regards,
Christopher
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Hello! I am ........
Answer
3/19/05 2:35 PM as a reply to Christophe Platts.
Hello Christopher,

Good to hear from you that you love india. i come to west part of that country from a tiny state called Goa.

If you would like to visit it check out www.goatourism.org

To be frank india is a big country. I am sure you will find other places interesting too.

Regards
Savio
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/19/05 2:41 PM as a reply to Christophe Platts.
Check out this sites this will be of help

http://www.tourindia.com

http://www.tourismofindia.com
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/19/05 3:03 PM as a reply to Christophe Platts.
Hi Christopher,

welcome on board! What part of the states are you from?

My wife and I have been in the states many times and we love it!

Florida is our favorite place for holidays. It is not too far and the weather is fantastic, except in the hurrican season ;-)

Have a nice weekend
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/19/05 3:29 PM as a reply to Christophe Platts.
Hi Detlef,

I am from Pennsylvania. The weather there is a lot like Germany. I also love Florida and especially Key West. I have been to Florida many times, since the weather in the Northest ist just too cold and for too long during the year, so Florida offers wonderful weather and Miami is only about 2 1/2 hours by plane and tickets are usually rather cheap.

Thanks to all for the reponses and I hope to hear from more of you and maybe even meet in the future.

Have a nice weekend!

Regards,
Christopher
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/20/05 8:44 PM as a reply to Christophe Platts.
Hi Christopher,

I am glad to welcome you in our forum and hope to hear from you soon.

I have a question, in case you are an outdoor fan, what makes the Pocono Mountains so beautiful? or which places are worthwile to visit?, what is the typical food?

Stay in touch

Juliana
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3