Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Keeping the NE after leaving Germany

Toggle
Keeping the NE after leaving Germany
Answer
6/13/07 11:55 AM
Hello,

I posses a NE (permanent visa) but I am planning to leave Germany indefinitely and go to France. I know that if I leave the country for more than 6 Months I loose my NE.

Is there any ways to overcome this? I thought about keeping an address here, but then I believe I would have problems with tax declaration.
How about crossing the border every 6 months to tell them I am entering the country, give them a friends address as Hauptsitz and then 3 months later come back again to "leave" the country once more? Would that work out AND be legal? If I live for only 3 months in Germany do I need to pay tax on my foreign income?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers

A.C.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Keeping the NE after leaving Germany
Answer
6/13/07 12:37 PM as a reply to Sergio Reis.
There is a way out.
You should get NE EG(Eur. Gemeinschaft).
With it you can stay in France or anywhere in EU(EG) forever without losing NE.
Crossing border would not help.

Lot of us (including me) have NE EG already.
With it you don't even need some other visa.
For details about NE EG search the forum.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/13/07 1:35 PM as a reply to Sergio Reis.
Hello thanks for the valuable information.

Can anyone please explain me that in more detail?

What is a EG, what are the preconditions for application and how one should apply for such?

Thanks a lot!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/13/07 6:33 PM as a reply to Sergio Reis.
check this out...
http://trust7faq.wik.is/Visa/Daueraufenthalt_EG
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/14/07 5:07 PM as a reply to Sergio Reis.
just google:
trust7 NE EG
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/18/07 1:56 AM as a reply to Sergio Reis.
OK, we are talking about how NE-EG is so super duper fantastic and wonderful etc.

Is there anyone who went to CZ or any other EU country, worked there, and came back to Germany and continued to work here or started to work for another german company ?

I really would like to know how far german immigration authorities again accept such NE-EG foreigners once again to their territories in Germany.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/18/07 4:01 PM as a reply to Sergio Reis.
there will be some beamte that does not know anything about this NE EG, and he can make problems, but is it something new?
important is that law is on your side.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/22/07 1:16 PM as a reply to Sergio Reis.
Well, I moved to London and have NE-EG and then entered Germany after 0ne year and they did not make any trouble whatsoever. London is not covered by the NE-Daureraufenthalts EG rule.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/22/07 4:45 PM as a reply to Sergio Reis.
@xenon123

Why should they make trouble??

Ein Daueraufenthalt-EG erlischt aber erst:

* nach zwölf Monaten bei Ausreise aus dem Gebiet der Europäischen Union
* nach sechs Jahren bei einem Aufenthalt in einem anderen EU-Staat (ausgenommen Großbritannien, Irland und Dänemark).

0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/24/07 6:03 PM as a reply to Sergio Reis.
Well, at the moment the EU directive should take precedence as there is no national law. However the law implementing this directive has been approved by the Bundestag (federal government), it still needs to be approved by the Bundesrat (the states), although there seems to be agreement in principle.

Now, the first draft explicitly excluded the UK, Ireland and Denmark as they are not implementing this guideline, then came a more open draft where it seemed to include all countries in the EU, but the draft that was approved now seems to use a language that makes the NE EG only apply to countries that grant this EG status, which would exclude the UK, Ireland and Denmark until they accept this directive. I think this was done as to avoid changing the law every time there is a change by a country of their laws.

I guess we'll only know once it becomes law, but obviously the best would be if it applies to the whole of the EU.

-a
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18