Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Vertragskündigung

Toggle
Vertragskündigung
Answer
9/7/05 7:24 PM
Here's the story:

in 2002, I subscribed to a computer magazine and last year, when I moved to Berlin, I sent them a letter that I wanted to cancel my subscription (I still got the Word document of the letter with me).
I received no answer from them but kept receiving the same magazine during a whole year, without them asking anything, taking nothing from my account.

I just got a letter from them asking me to pay the "next" issues they gonna send, from September to December and they even sent the September issue.

So I tried to call them on the phone, got put on hold and hang up after 20 minutes waiting, an saw my phone displaying 32 euros for the call so I decided not to call anymore (made some tries but was always on hold so I think I got screwed on that part), and wrote an email. Received a "we've received your mail and will respond shortly" and I'm waiting since last Wednesday for this short response.

So I decided to send a fax last Monday, got the receipt that the fax reached their office, but we're Wednesday and still no answer.

So what's the next step to do then?

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Vertragskündigung
Answer
9/7/05 7:31 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Looks like someone read "To Cut a Long Story Short" by Jeffrey Archer :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/05 12:00 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Hi Nobody,

I might not be able to suggest on your Sad Situation, but i should say that it was funny for me to observe that we ought to pay even when they dont Respond.

So, i suggest you to have all the necessary Proof that they had not responded in due time and the term "Short" was no more a sort of "Short".

Let us know what goes further.

Sudeep
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/05 12:44 PM as a reply to NoBody.
@Sudeep

"it was funny for me to observe that we ought to pay even when they dont Respond", when you got put on hold, you *are* on the phone and in a *conversation*, yeah, you hear the music :-) so it still costs money.

I'm just waiting to see, because they asked me to pay the money in the next 5 days, thing that I won't do and if some1 tried to get me in trouble with that, I'm more than prepared.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/05 12:59 PM as a reply to NoBody.
I hate that there is No SUEing concept here in DE. I would love if it was also like in the USA.

But NTL, Just Screw them and take them to court and get them paid double what they claim to YOU and also get the Phone Bills. All you would need is a Good Lawyer.

Some one from here can actually suggest or I know a lawyer whose name is Daniel and is a very good lawyer in the Company formation etc... Kind of Issues, but we can always get his Advice.

Let me know.

Sudeep
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/05 12:59 PM as a reply to NoBody.
@NoBody

The thing is, they will send you a Mahnung from some shitty lawyer (with lawyer fees included in it), then it gets messy. You will have a tough time proving that you actually cancelled the subscription. Recipt of fax is no proof of their acceptation of your cancellation request. In the end, when you add up legal cost of getting into law fight with these crooks, you will find it would have been cheaper paying the damn subscription.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/05 1:11 PM as a reply to NoBody.
@Nobody,

I guess this is one of those monkey business.
Sometime like this has happened to me before.
If you're certain that the timing of your "VertragsKündigung" is right.
-- Do not panic.
-- Ensure that you have proof(VertragsKündigung sent & received) that can be tendered as substantial evidence in the court of law.
-- Ask your bank NEVER NEVER NEVER let a cent out to those people.
-- Play the waiting game.

Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/05 1:25 PM as a reply to NoBody.
They don't have my bank details, reason why they asked me to pay.
But if someone cancel a subsription and the ither part doesn't accept the cancellation, they can at least inform that they don't and give reason why they don't.
Fax receipt is a proof that I did sent a request for clarification and that's already a first step.
They're asking for 11 euros or something, but why would I pay money for something that I don't want?
And if I have to get to court, lawyer fees? Rechtschutz serves to something.

Is Sabine somewhere out there?

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/05 1:49 PM as a reply to NoBody.
"I received no answer from them but kept receiving the same magazine during a whole year, without them asking anything, **taking nothing from my account**.

I just got a letter from them asking me to pay the "next" issues they gonna send, from September to December and they even sent the September issue."

English is sometimes difficult.

Is Isabel out there ?? !
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/05 1:52 PM as a reply to NoBody.
"And if I have to get to court, lawyer fees? Rechtschutz serves to something."

Does your Rechtschutzversicherung cover "Vertrags- und Sachenrechts-Rechtsschutz" ?

Is justice out there ?? !!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/05 3:03 PM as a reply to NoBody.
@Ashkay
yes it does

@onye
it's more than difficult, what do you want me to explain to you? I will be kind too.
For the first sentence you mentionned, it means that they kept sending the different issues, since September last year but never gave a request for money or never attached a bill on it. And they took nothing from my account to pay the bills that could have resulted, in fact, without having my account details, it would have been difficult for them to, reason why in most of the case, they sent a Rechnung with the managzine.
About the second sentence, naja, nothing to explain there, crystal clear, not for you?
And just in case you don't know which Sabine I was talking about, it's the T7 lawyer who gives advices online for some of the cases happening here.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/05 4:48 PM as a reply to NoBody.
@NOOne

Actually NOOne I'm least interested in English Grammatic (I have no time) because sometimes it lie through its teeth.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/05 8:26 PM as a reply to NoBody.
*nobody!
itz really pathetic....let me narrate you guyz my tale....in 2004 when i had financial crisis i couldn't pay my AOK in time and so whenever they tried to get it from my bank it used to get bounced and later i need to pay a penalty of 6 euros(if i didnt forget) so i thought itz better i remove my contract or what so ever....from the bank (by which they could get my money) but the funny part is....even though i cancelled that....the AOK could take money from my acccount.....when i spoke to the bank officials they say it is the problem of AOK and the AOK says itz bank problem....but in between i got screwed up one month i payed in on 5th and the same month the drew on 15th and this happened in 2004 and my money still gets cut from the bank.....i have the cancelled contract with the bank....i ran around for 3 to 4 times than thought let it go,so i lost 56 euros....which they took extra from me... itz astonishing that people in germany are also a bit reckless about their duties!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/05 8:47 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Everyone should have compulsory health insurance in germany, and as a student its mostly with AOK. I dont know how you can cancel your contract until and unless you have got some other insurance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/9/05 12:04 AM as a reply to NoBody.
oh raj!
cancel in the sense i wanted to pay by myself...then i cud take a bit of time and pay...is it not....rather then paying penalities for getting bounced by the bank....i started paying thru hand....the first month i did...they still cut from my account....so i anyhow managed to put money in my account.....thatz the story.....is it clear raj!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/9/05 2:05 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Hi Panna

....so you wanted to cancel the Dauerauftrag not the health insurance itself, you could just have informed the bank and cancelled the Dauerauftrag, where was the problem?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/9/05 6:10 PM as a reply to NoBody.
with insurance, telephone etc, its not Dauerauftrag that you could cancel from the bank.

Its usually an agreement that you sign when you take the policy, that the insurance company could withdraw the money from your account, periodically. This is part of the contract paper that you would have signed. To cancel this or to change this you would have to send a formal letter to the insurance company requesting them to cancel it and inform them that you would make future payments by Überweisung.

If the company still deducts money from your account, you could ask the bank to reclaim it, and send a letter to the company stating the reason.

This is what I did for my telephone.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18