Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

exmatrikulation from university for applying for Blue Card

Toggle
Hi,

I am currently a student at a university here in Germany and I have gotten a job offer which satisfies the blue card requirements very well. I went to the auslanderbehorde and they asked me to exmatriculate from my university first. I came back to university and my university's visa section told me that it is not necessary that I exmatriculate as this is not written anywhere in the law and people are allowed to continue study/being enrolled no matter if they are working full time or not.

I have completed my course work and these day I am just writing my thesis so I don't want to quit my study program at this final stage but I am planning to continue working on that full time job and keep writing my thesis at the weekends.

Can someone please share some similar experiences or any guidance as per the law please.

Thanks in adavance.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: exmatrikulation from university for applying for Blue Card
Answer
11/4/16 2:18 PM as a reply to Muhammad Tauseef Khan.
Some of my friends have had this issue. Its true that there is no rule written anywhere that you cannot be a student to get a bluecard. But certain people in certain aulanderbehorde ask for this ex-metriculation. 

There is an option, just to satisfy the auslanderbehorde. You can make your company HR call the aulanderheborde and speak to them about this situation. They will accept it straightaway as they prefer to hear a clarificaiton from some one who is actually hiring you. 

Other option would be get it in writing, from your HR that, the company knows about your thesis situation, still we want to give him contract. This has also worked with some of my freinds here in Germany. 

All the best!
+1 (1 Vote)

RE: exmatrikulation from university for applying for Blue Card
Answer
10/18/19 12:49 PM as a reply to Muhammad Tauseef Khan.
Just to share what happened next. I got my Blue card without exmatriculating from my university. I have been working since then without any issues but my matriculation expired automatically at the end of that ongoing semester. Nobody asked for exmatriculation until the time when I applied for my Blue card renewal in Hamburg after working two years. There the visa officer asked me to provide the exmatricualtion certificate from the university and that I got very easily from TU since I was no more a student at that time.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott