Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

For Sale - Zu Verkaufen!

Indian marriage certificate legalisation from Germany

Toggle
Hello all,

I know this subject has been discussed in numerous previous posts, but i feel my situation is bit different. However my apologies if i have created an unnecssary post. So here is the deal:

I am a blue card holder and working in Jena. I got married in February 2016. My wife applied for a long stay dependent visa in August which she got in 1 week!

Now at the time of visa application the consular told her marriage certificate legalisation is not mandatory for her and she can do it from Germany if required.

Last week when she went for bürgeramt they told her we need to get the marriage certificate legalised in order to register as a married couple. In the meantime they registered her as a single person. 

Today we went to bürgeramt to start the legalisation process but they told us it can't be done from here and they dont know how to do it. Apparently they are clueless about it and weird enough suggest us to go to India and apply for it.

I am sure many member of this forum have gone though the same process. We would greatly appreciate any advice.
Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Indian marriage certificate legalisation from Germany
Answer
9/22/16 9:48 AM as a reply to MC.
Hi,

pl. take an appointment in standesamt and explain your situation. may be they will start the process for you.

BR
Basbrem
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Indian marriage certificate legalisation from Germany
Answer
10/6/16 11:05 AM as a reply to MC.
Hello,
I sharing my experience aquired during submitting residence permit application.
In my case bürgeramt asked for a marriage certificate, which I showed them. And they told me that it should be legalized in India itself. And they are really confused how we three got visa!!! So they suggested me to legalize with the Indian embassy/consulate and asked me to come again. They also said it is normally done in your country's embassy/consulate in Germany.
However, after coming home they immediately wrote an email stating that legalization is not actually required.
Cheers, Raji.
PS: If you want to legalize please contact your country's emabassy/consualte in Germany.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott