Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Is it allowed to have a workpermit from one city and work in another?

Toggle
Hello,

I have a job offer from a company in Germany. I will be living/working at a client site in a different city. Will my workpermit be tied to the location of my potential employer head office? Am I allowed to live/work in a different city?

Would really appreciate any help in this regard.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Is it allowed to have a workpermit from one city and work in another?
Answer
7/12/08 10:19 PM as a reply to Nirmal Sasidharan.
if that company is a client company for your company then you can work. its no problem.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Is it allowed to have a workpermit from one city and work in another?
Answer
7/13/08 3:22 PM as a reply to Nirmal Sasidharan.
Unfortunately yes.. It is tied to that city only. You need to get the permission (to transfer the workpermit to the new place) from Arbeitsamt before you start working at the clients place. I have first hand exp with the offshore people who come here on workpermit. They come here and wait until they get the new work permit at clients place.

But so far its been fairly easy process to change it to new place. Ur company can actually talk to arbeitsamt and request them to do it fast.

I also know some TCS guys who came to munich on a project and after working for an year there they were placed in different project in duesseldorf. When they went for visa extension there they said u cant work here... so they went back to india to get a new workpermit.

Unfotunately its a crazy process... I really dont understand how it makes any difference where u work if u r working for the same company.

Anyway u can try what i said.. it hardly takes about 2 weeks... Good luck.

vamsi.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18