Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

ID card instead of carrying the Passport

Toggle
In the past few months its been noticed that the police stopping and asking to show up the passport,this never happened with me before but in the past few months i been stopped around 3times and i came to know this happened with many of my Indian friends.
I would like to know if there exist any kind of ID card which is easier to carry than a passport there is no risk of losing the passport also one don't remember to always carry the passport.Someone suggested me to carry a copy of the passport but will this be a sufficient identification proof.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: ID card instead of carrying the Passport
Answer
6/16/09 7:43 PM as a reply to prasadp kumar.
Within the city limits, a copy of the passport would be enough, backed up by company id. Talk to the cops confidently.

Outside city, you will have to carry the passport. If you do not carry the passport, they might accompany you to a place(your home or their office) where your identity is proved. This might attract administrative fees.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/19/09 12:37 AM as a reply to prasadp kumar.
I've always showed my German driving license and its been trusted and accepted. Sometimes they do make calls to confirm the check but the point is, German Driving license is a trusted identification.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/19/09 12:30 PM as a reply to prasadp kumar.
Only the passport with your residence permit is a valid form of identification. Driving License is a supporting document. It depends on the officer who is looking at these documents.

Within the city limits or within 20 kms from your residence, driving license might serve the purpose.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/19/09 12:32 PM as a reply to prasadp kumar.
You can get the photocopy of passport attested from auslandsamt for small fees and i think,that will be sufficient.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott