Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

University and Degree not present in ANABIN

Toggle

Hi, 
I am from India and I was looking for job opportunity in German. Recently I got an offer and got rejected because of my university is not listed in ANAban database.

University Name : http://www.iete.org/
The Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE)

Just would like to know if there is a reason that IETE is not listed in the database. If so my university dean is ready to send the proof of recognization in India and have further communication exchange. 

Please let me know how to proceed further so that I won't loose any future job offer.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: University and Degree not present in ANABIN
Answer
9/15/16 6:32 AM as a reply to Purna Chandra Sekhar M.
The issue is not whether your degree is accepted in India,  but rather how it is evaluated in Germany.  

Have you sent your degree to the ZAB for evaluation? 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/15/16 9:58 AM as a reply to Arianne.
I was surprised that my university(Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers) is not listed in the database. 

I have contacted the Anabin website. According to anabin, their database is not complete and if needed they give the "Statement of Comparability"  for which I need to apply and pay fee. I am ready to pay that fee and get the Statement of Comparability.  Not sure if that helps. 

Just want to know , will that help for processing for my profile.  
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/15/16 1:13 PM as a reply to Purna Chandra Sekhar M.
The ZAB is the department that evaluates foreign degrees and is responsible for the Anabin database.  You should file an application with them ASAP.

You can find more info here:

https://www.kmk.org/service/anerkennung-auslaendischer-abschluesse/zeugnisbewertung-fuer-auslaendische-hochschulqualifikationen.html
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/19/16 2:05 PM as a reply to Arianne.
I agree with you, [font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]ZAB is the department that evaluates foreign degrees. 

I also heard from my employer,  most of  the evaluation done by ZAB, is not positive.  They Provided the report saying that it's Comparable but not recommending for Bluecard. In this case both money & time are painful. 

[font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]My worry is,  the fee is too expensive(atleast in Indian rupees ). After spending that amount if the result is "FAIL"....what I can do.
[font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif][font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]So before doing that I was trying to understand the reasons why it is not listed. What is the Criteria for ZAB to decide the recognized university. So that I can evalute myself first.

I am bit worried, as I have 10 years of experience in automotive embedded, got good offer in german. This offer is leaving from me since my univeristy is not recognized in german.

Please help me.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/19/16 11:40 PM as a reply to Purna Chandra Sekhar M.
You basically have two choices either you submit an application to the ZAB or you forget about Germany.  

If you apply, you will receive an official decision from the ZAB. If your degree is not accepted, you can also appeal. However,  you need to pay the fee for the evaluation.  
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott