Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Questions for Detlef...

Toggle
Questions for Detlef...
Answer
12/15/04 9:56 AM
I am seeking employment as a Master Jeweler (Goldschmied) and went to the Arbeitsagentur.de web site...I tried to find out if I could post my CV..was told ONLY Germans can do that. So How can I find employers who might be interested in my skill set without having to contact each one individually?
Further, where can I find out what "good wages" should look like vs. not good? I know how much my skills are worth here (US) but not there (DE).
Can you recommend a good labor lawer to help me handle the negotiating and all the insane little details in getting a signed contract?
It is clear to me much of Germany needs HELP (employees) but DOES NOT WANT to make ANYTHING EASY about searching, finding, or answering the questions that I have (as a foreigner). FOR THREE WEEKS I'VE BEEN LOOKING and not finding to many concise answers (except HERE!) But I have found many open positions for my skill set, now if I could just find a way for the perfect employer for my skill set TO FIND ME. True, I do NOT expect any easy way out, I will contact them as I find them.
My problem is that I'm very accomplished, and a "special" employer will need and maybe want someone such as me...BUT I DON'T know who "they" are, nor what they would call themselves there, which is why I thought that posting my CV for THEM to see would be better for us both. They could read about me and find me easier, than the other way around which is WASTING ALOT of time!
What might be your thoughts? I know pforzheim is the "big" jewelry city...is there a commerce "directory" listing the companies somewhere?
Thanks so much!!! ...this is a REALLY great forum for persons seeking answers (like me) ...even though I know this is a "techie" forum. Michael_9679(at)hotmail.com
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Questions for Detlef...
Answer
12/15/04 1:53 PM as a reply to Michael -_-_-.
Hi Michael,

thanks for your message. It gives me the opportunity to tell you and, of course, all the others, about our new service.

It will come in January and it could be called 'Back to the roots!' because trust7 started 2000 as a database for job seekers and we have been quite successful.

At the beginning this service was only for IT experts, now we will offer this for all professions.

The registration will be free for applicants and it will be free for employers, too. This will be very important, because there is no reason for a company, not to use our service :-)

We will get some money from additional services, you will see.

So Michael, you will get the chance to upload your CV and trust7 will do the necessary marketing for you and all the other applicants, to find an employer.

If you want me to find out about the market for jewelers in Germany, I can do some research work for you, but in this case I have to charge you some money.

If you are interested, please send me a mail.

Viele Grüße aus Berlin
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3