Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Change in Tax Class

Toggle
Change in Tax Class
tax tax class
Answer
8/31/16 3:40 PM
Hello,

I have a question regarding the tax class.

I'm working in Dusseldorf since March 2015. As my project is ending this year in Dec, my family(Wife and Daughter) moved to India in Mid-June.

Since Beginning my tax class is "3". But my tax advisor suggested me to get it changed to “1” since my family is moved to India. I visited “finanzamt düsseldorf süd” in July and asked them to change the Tax class to “1”. The guy told me that, there is no such FORM to be filled and since I had done the De-registration at Foreign office for my wife and daughter, the tax class will be changed automatically.

Somehow, the change was not reflected in my Salary Slip for the month of July, therefore I visited the finanzamt once again, and narrated the whole story. This time as well the answer was same as before, that the change will be done automatically, which is not done till now and my salary slip for the month of August is also have the same tax class as “3”.

I approached another tax advisor, and he said, you tax class will not be changes as you are married and have one child, even though they are not here in Düsseldorf with you.

My concern is: even though I am getting the benefit of low tax amount compared to tax class “1”, I don’t want any surprises later.

Please advice.

Regards,
Pramod
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Change in Tax Class
Answer
9/1/16 4:17 PM as a reply to Pramod.
Any Suggestion?
+1 (1 Vote)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39