Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

German Blue Card for people already working in Germany

Hello,
First of all, a big thank you to all the members of this community. I have been reading threads on this website for quite a few months and find them really helpful.

As you might already know, recently, there has been talk about a proposed "Blue Card" scheme to attract talented people to Germany and fulfill its shortage of skilled workers in some areas.
I saw a lot of threads about this but did not find an answer to a very specific question. Which is why I created this post.

Assuming that in the next few months, the proposed blue card scheme is actually made into a law, Do the blue card rules apply for people who have already been in Germany?

I have been working in Germany for more than 2 years now, in the software industry and plan to stay a bit longer. I have an Indian passport and my Residence Permit, Work permit are renewed every year.
Once the blue card scheme is in place, will I be able to apply for Permanent Residence considering that I have already spent this much time in Germany?
Of course, there are other requirements for getting permanent residence, but I want to know if the time spent here already counts towards its main requirement of spending 2-3 years in Germany.

Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18