Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Can I apply for ZAB under Blue Card if I am applying for National Visa

Toggle
Hello all,

I have a job offer in IT with a company located in Berlin and with an annual salary of 41000 Euros. I recently applied for a German National Visa for employment and the officer at the window told me that I might need to get my degree recognized from ZAB and also get a ZAV approval to speed up the process. I got my degree from a major university in the US and it is recognized with a H+ but my specific degree isn't. 

I read that if I apply under Blue Card option, my ZAB evaluation procedure can be finished within two weeks. Now, I am wondering if I can apply for ZAB evaluation under Blue Card option instead of visa so that everything gets processed quickly. I also intend to apply for Blue Card once I am in Germany and I am qualified for that under high skilled workers scheme with a salary greater than the minimum of 38000 Euros. Please let me know if there is a problem in doing so. I would really appreciate any help emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

You can apply to have your degree evaluated by the ZAB (see https://www.kmk.org/service/anerkennung-auslaendischer-abschluesse/zeugnisbewertung-fuer-auslaendische-hochschulqualifikationen/bewertungszweck-blue-card.html ). If you include a copy of your degree and pay the fee immediately,  the evaluation shouldn't take mire than 2 weeks.

The only way to avoid the ZAV approval process is to convince your employer to offer you a salary over the regular Blue Card limit of 49, 600€ per year.
0 (0 Votes)

Thanks for the reply, Arianne. One more quick question:

If ZAB approves my application for recognition of my university degree, will they update that information for my university on their Anabin database as well? Thanks again!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott