Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Need info about starting a new selbstandig job!!

Toggle
Hello,
I am wondering if when one has "selbstandig tatigkeit gestatted" in one's pass. and wants to start own company along side the full time job at hand... is it allowed legally???? i know, i would have to convince my employer, that this would not hamper their business in any way:-)..

Are there any law which states for or against such a practise?????
any input appreciated!!!
have a nice day!!!
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Need info about starting a new selbstandig job!!
Answer
5/17/05 12:33 PM as a reply to rav zem.
Sure you can do it, but I do not know details.
Maybe you have to register your company first.

Ask at ArbAmt for details.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/17/05 3:38 PM as a reply to rav zem.
Hi Bizarre,

the process is rather simple depending the type of company you want to settle.

Go to your Rathaus and ask for Migrantenbeauftragte. They will provide you detailled information about proceadures. For example, if you want to settle an unipersonal company, or you will work together with a friend you can have a GbR (for the latter). In this case you just go to Gewerbeamt and register the company, they will tell Finanzamt and you will be on the road. No more formalities (apart from insurances to limite responsabilities)

In the case of a GmbH you need to have an initial capital of 25.000 euros, you have to register the company and the name of the director with a Notar and all the changes as well.

The difference between GbR and GmbH is the scope of personal responsability. In the first case is unlimited and in the latter limited.

Trust7 offers also the service to set up a company in UK -a ltd-, which you can operate in Germany

Hope this can help you
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/18/05 2:18 AM as a reply to rav zem.
Previously, I thought that we as GC can not work as or become a frerlance. May be it's a stupid question but, is it still true? Please correct me. Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/18/05 11:33 AM as a reply to rav zem.
I guess, its still true if ur visa says that. i mean, usually GC visas would say selbstandig tatigkeit nicht gestatted. And mine, for some reason had the opposite. I have a GC job but want to create my own company along side....
it looks plausible, so i am happy, but i think i will go to a lawyer someday soon.....

have a nice day!!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/18/05 4:01 PM as a reply to rav zem.
I am not sure if anyone has the answer to the following question: If I start working as Selbständig, can I stop paying my pension contributions? Are there any rules which says if one can stop paying?

Regards,

wsh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/18/05 4:46 PM as a reply to rav zem.
you can stop paying pension.
then you do not get pension and that is all.

60 pensions are also not needed for NE but question is if Beamter know that.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/18/05 5:19 PM as a reply to rav zem.
DvD,

I don't think it is that simple as your post says. Did you ever heard about a rule which says a freelancer should have at least two sources of income (two contracts with two different customers) with one them brining at least 17 percent of the yearly income?
I would like to confirm if this rule exists, I can get different opinions from different beamters at BFA!!

The amount of money paid for RV can reach the order of 1000 Euro per month as a freelancer has to pay both parts (employee + employer)

wsh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/19/05 2:03 PM as a reply to rav zem.
I do not see what does have to do with Renten.
AFAIK one does not have to pay Renten.
I personaly know few Deutsche that have a company but do not pay any Renten.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott