Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Help needed! Rente Money

Toggle
Help needed! Rente Money
Answer
12/4/07 12:49 PM
I worked in Germany on Green Card from Jan 2001 to Dec 2003. After laying off I lived in Germany for a further one year and finally left in Dec 2004. Now I'm in a very interesting situation. I will be getting a job offer again and will be returning back in a couple of months. My rente money (36 months contributions) is still with the german government.

1) Should I claim that money before I start working again? (from local consulate)
2) If I don't get that money, will those 36 months could considered in 60 months eligibility for PR (Permenant Residence)?

I need an experts advice!
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Help needed! Rente Money
Answer
12/4/07 1:09 PM as a reply to Rajesh Kumar.
1) Should I claim that money before I start working again? (from local consulate)

--> It all depends on your future plans.

2) If I don't get that money, will those 36 months could considered in 60 months eligibility for PR (Permenant Residence)?

--> I am not sure if your previous stay in the country can be counted towards your PR, but your Pension money is counted if you have not claimed them back.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/4/07 1:17 PM as a reply to Rajesh Kumar.
@rkumar

For PR you need to have a minimum uninterrupted stay of 60 months in Germany. Any break over 6 months would restart the clock.

For example:
If you have stayed for 59 months and left and after one year you come back then you need to stay another 60 months to get your PR....that would be 59 + 60 = 119 months altogether.

The funny part is, if you could provide reasonable grounds for your longer absence, you might be able to qualify for german citizenship but not german PR :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/5/07 11:47 AM as a reply to Rajesh Kumar.
Thanks guys, you are very helpful and supportive.
C U back in Germany!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/6/07 1:05 AM as a reply to Rajesh Kumar.
@Akshay,

Have anyone tried to justify longer absense?
HAve it been ever accepted?

regards
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3