Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

I am a postdoc, can I apply for NE as highly qualified researcher?

I am a postdoc at a university and have been living in Germany for over 7 years. I completed my PhD in 2008 and have been working since then. My contract will terminate next month and I still have no job insight.
I would like to know if it is wise for me to apply for NE immediately as highly qualified scientist? This is because my visa expires with the end of job contract.

My boss who is professor at the university will be able to give me a good recommendation.

My second point concerns abeitlosgeld. Is it possible to apply for this money even though my visa will expire? If I am turned down, should I get a lawyer and sue them for collecting insurance money from me even though they new my visa will expire at the end of my contract??

My wife and child recently joined me and their stay here also depends on me having a residence permit.

I need your help urgently.
Thanks, makol
0 (0 Votos)

Re: I am a postdoc, can I apply for NE as highly qualified researcher?
Respuesta
27/01/11 17:44 en respuesta a Ngwa George.
Check this thread, maybe try to contact a topic starter if she could update on her situation :
http://www.trust7.com/en/foren/visa_questions/niederlassungserlaubnis_fuer_hochqualifizierte_arbeitlosengeld/
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
27/01/11 19:06 en respuesta a Ngwa George.
@ Makol,

Eventhough, you might be highly qualified, your case is bit difficult to convince. They need a letter from your professor by default but they also need a strong support from himthat you will be sustained with a job at his department.

Good luck!!

Rajesh
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
28/01/11 11:14 en respuesta a Ngwa George.
Thank you good peopl for the information.

At the moment, I have written a proposal to be submitted to the DFG for 3 years funding. Normally it will take between 3 - 6 months to get the decision. Is it possible to use this to back up my case?
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott