Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Regarding Salary expectation

Toggle
Regarding Salary expectation
Answer
9/10/11 12:13 PM
I am new to job search in Germany.

Recently attended an interview(with a German consultant Company based in Munich), and obviously one of the questions asked was - "What is your salary expectation?" I told I am drawing 57K to 58K (yearly Bruto, Employed via an Indian company in Germany, working now in Baden württemberg, in Embedded software development for Automotive field, now 9 yrs experienced). So conveyed my expectation is atleast 58K to 60K brutto.

But to my surpirse, when I was offered - they gave me a 48K yearly brutto. In addition a performance based 6k. No 13th month salary. No further benefits (ofcourse the standard 40 h work week, 30 day vacation etc.,)

Now to my questions
1) What is the standard salary for my experience in Munich?
2) can you guide me to the standard refrences like IG-Metall or some thing like that. I saw the link - http://www.igmetall.de/cps/rde/xbcr/internet/docs_ig_metall_xcms_26107__2.pdf

but do not know which EG level I belong to.

3) Any argumments that you think; I should take up to negotiate...?

4) If you are from my field of experience, would also like to hear from you, if I am drawing too much or my expectation is too much - so that I can use it for negotiation or correcting my expectation.

Thanks a ton in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Regarding Salary expectation
Answer
9/10/11 12:51 PM as a reply to Gladiator The Warior.
u can demand atleast between 65-70k if the position is in munich, where the cost of living is more. 48k is for fresh engineers in automotive. they are just trying to take you for a ride. just ask them to come back with a better offer or to jerk off
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/10/11 6:54 PM as a reply to Gladiator The Warior.
Hi Gladiator,

have you seen our offers? If you do not know, trust7 that's also netWalk IS.

http://www.netwalk.de/

Maybe I can offer you something.

Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/11/11 9:06 AM as a reply to Gladiator The Warior.
Hello Gladiator, what u could keep in mind is that the employer would like to have the best employee at no cost, like having him working for free. I am surprised that you did not ask the question before going to the interview. One does not change jobs (when no other private reasons like family) for less than say 10K salary increase to put it roughly. I am in the banking sector, cannot compare but i can at least see that 48K with 7 years of experience in IT is way too low as salary. If u wanna have 70K, you will have to ask like 80K. Of course you never tell them the exact real current salary.
Good luck

Bolo
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/11/11 11:56 AM as a reply to Gladiator The Warior.
Thanks all for the reply.

I would like to know how the German Job Industry works?

Is there a standard market rate based up on number of year experience and industry in which we are working (which applies as like the source I quoted)? or
Is there any standard rise like 10 to 20% on each jump from one employer to another (Which I heard is not really common here)?

I would be glad to see some source quoted or your own personal experience with this subject, than the opinions

Glad
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/11/11 12:25 PM as a reply to Gladiator The Warior.
follow a simple rule:-
1. you are getting 58K now from your present firm.
2. 58K salary is equal to 68K in Munich as the cost of living is high out there.
3. So, when chaging job, you should target atleast 10K plus which means you should target minimum salary of 58K(current)+10K(munich)+10k(increment for job change) = 78K.
4. If there are some personla reasons of leaving the current job and you have no other choise apart from this MMunich job, then you can negociate little less salary.

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/12/11 2:19 PM as a reply to Gladiator The Warior.
Interesting discussions! Actually somehow you could link the standard market with that "ig_metall" chart. BUT in this case, it is not applicable as it will be considered as "außer Tarrif" scale otherwise we could know how much one senior employee, manager, director etc. earn in a year!

Anyway, I also think its way too low what they have offered you! Probably they were not aware of your "9" years of experiences!!! I also agree with the above poster that you should demand atleast above 70K!

In my opinion, this sort of "Consulting" company do not want to realise that without good and experienced people they are a BIG ZERO. But there is also good companies who understand and behave accordingly in order to continue their business for long run!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/12/11 3:31 PM as a reply to Gladiator The Warior.
These ''Consulting Companies'' sell your knowledge to their customers and your knowledge and experience are their cashcow, compared to companies which develop their own products.

These companies will always try to offer you the lowest salaries, in order to keep their total revenue as high as possible.

The current situation in Germany regarding shortage in Engineers,is that more than 70K jobs can not be filled. This will cause the employers to value more Engineers and their employment conditions.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/19/11 12:37 PM as a reply to Gladiator The Warior.
What is the definition of EG levels.

Can anyone explain.

link - http://www.igmetal...all_xcms_26107__2.pdf

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18