Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

ZAB verification

Toggle
ZAB verification
Answer
7/25/16 7:50 PM
Hello,
I have a bachelor of science in accounting and a Master of Business administration from an American University. I found the University rated H+ and Bachelor and MBA degrees in ANABIN but it says the following for both degrees :

1) Entspricht--Magister / Master - nichtkonsekutiv--- Zwingendes Erfordernis für die Behandlung eines MBA als anerkannter Grad ist die Akkreditierung durch die American Assembly of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSemoticon.

My question is my MBA is accredited by the The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
In that case should I still send the verification?
2) For my Bachelor degree it says the following----- Bedingt vergleichbar---Bakkalaureus/Bachelor 3j---- Im Einzelfall wird eine Überprüfung durch den jeweiligen Fachbereich empfohlen. 

Would that be considered enough for Blue card or should I get a verification from ZAB?
0 (0 Votes)

RE: ZAB verification
Answer
7/25/16 7:56 PM as a reply to ranido.
As they say bedingt vergleichbar (conditionally comparable) and Uberprufung empfohlen (verification is recommended) I think they'll ask for verification from ZAB. You may want to contact your responsible Auslanderbehorde or ZAB in order to save time.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/25/16 8:16 PM as a reply to Arnhem.
Thanks for your response.
I would like to send a verification as it appears it takes a long time with ZAB per the posts in this forum. But it seems you need to have a reason as to why you need a verification such as Blue card  where you include a contract. The issue I don't have a contract yet but I would like the process to speed up once i get the contract as my potential employer would want me to start quickly. that is why I am looking to start the verification process. Do you think I can have the verification started even though I don't have a contract yet?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/25/16 10:20 PM as a reply to ranido.
If you have a work contract your application will receive priority processing, however,  you can still have your degrees evaluated without one (it might take longer).

In your case, I would highly recommend submitting your docs ASAP to the ZAB for evaluation. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/26/16 2:07 AM as a reply to Arianne.
Thanks for your response. I really appreciate!
I will sure send my info as soon as possible to ZAB for evaluation. Reading thru it will take about 4 months to complete. I dont really know if an employer is willing to wait for about (4 months for evaluation) and (3 months for visa to be granted).

I wonder instead if I can apply for a residence permit-Employment, get to the country and start employment, in the meantime get the ZAB evaluation and switched to Blue Card. It appears there is a loophole in the law. Is that possible? If it is possible I believe it is the best way to go instead of waiting 8 months before getting into the country.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/26/16 5:12 AM as a reply to ranido.
How well do you already speak German? How much experience do you already have with HGB?  

Although it is possible to apply for a job seeker permit for 6 months,  I would highly recommend waiting for the evaluation since your qualifications might not be recognised in Germany. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/26/16 5:07 PM as a reply to Arianne.
I speak German at a basic level and don’t know much about the German GAAP but have working knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP. The position I am applying in in internal audit though.
I have also inquired from “hotline-germany” and this is their answer to me this morning:
It depends in which field you would like to work. In case you have a contact which is suitable for your master degree you do not need an evaluation. If you find a contract which is suitable to your bachelor degree you have to apply for an evaluation of your qualification at the ZAB, because “bedingt vergleichbar” is not an equivalent degree in Germany
 The job I am applying to is asking for “graduate business degree and related background incl. Business English on negotiation level”
I would guess in that instance my MBA would apply. The only issue I am concern is the fact that my school is not accredited by AACBS but The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools but they seem to say accredititaion does not matter event ANABIN says
Entspricht--Magister / Master - nichtkonsekutiv--- Zwingendes Erfordernis für die Behandlung eines MBA als anerkannter Grad ist die Akkreditierung durch die American Assembly of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSemoticon.
I think it is safe for me to send my degrees for verification and in case I have an offer I can email ZAB with my contract so they can speed up the process.
Thanks for your help!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/26/16 9:00 PM as a reply to ranido.
ranido:
I speak German at a basic level and don’t know much about the German GAAP but have working knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP. 
Why do you want to move to Germany?  With your profile wouldn't your employment prospects be much better in the US?

I don't think Germany is a very good idea for you due to the following reasons:

1) You don't know German.

2) You don't know the HGB (and you need excellent German to have a chance of understanding it).

3) Germany already has an oversupply of business graduates. 

4) MBAs are still not that well known here and an MBA from an unknown American school without even one of the Triple Crown accreditations is not that useful.

5) You are very unlikely to receive an offer that will meet the Blue Card requirements. 

6) Your degrees might not even be recognised here. 

Before you invest too much in preparations to move here, I would wait for the results of the ZAB evaluation  (I know of at least one instance that an American  BSc in Accounting has been considered only equivalent to a Vordiplom) and try contacting a few companies directly. 
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott