Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Status in Germany after 5.5 years

Toggle
Status in Germany after 5.5 years
Answer
3/20/09 1:19 AM
Hello all,

I would appreciate if someone of you could throw light on my status. I had been following the threads here though I am new here.. and now am interested in knowing how does it work for me ?

I worked in Germany in R&D in a university from 07.2003 to 06.2005 with "Aufenthaltsbewilligung" and 'paid no taxes' as I was on a research fellowship. Later, since 06.2005 till 09.2008 worked in a research firm (Wi. Mitarbeiter) on "Aufenthaltserlaubnis 18 AufenthG" and paid Taxes normally. And later on have been working for a private company since 09.2008 till now but have got a visa from this company which was issued for the first year only and that too valid only for that particular company.

It means by now I have already finished 3.75 years under "Aufenthaltserlaubnis 18 AufenthG" and 1.75 years under "Aufenthaltsbewelligung". So is there anything that I could do now to improve my workpermit/visa status in Germany ?

1. I heard, I could get BE.. can anyone throw light on how to proceed with the ABH and get BE ? how long does it take to get BE status in ABH ?

2. is it necessary to have BE in order to apply for NE - EG later ?

3. have heard that people have been getting NE even after 3 years or working in Germany .. how is that possible ?

Thanks in advance
luft-fahrt
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Status in Germany after 5.5 years
Answer
3/20/09 11:58 AM as a reply to Balaji Renukumar.
You are applicable for getting NE.I hope you have a unlimited job contract.
You do not need to have BE or EG for applying NE.
Visit ABH and talk to them.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/20/09 12:24 PM as a reply to Balaji Renukumar.
Hi UMTS11 emoticon

My case is almost the same. I got Visa three months ago but BE not NE. They told me for NE I have to work at least 5 years ( Tax Paying).
They added, your education period is counted half. I was studying from Aug 2003 till Aug 2006. From Dec 2006 till now I have unlimited Work Contract. So they said you are eligible for BE as your study period we take 1 year and from your work, we take two years that satisfy the condition for BE that is 3 years.

If you think, this case still qualify for NE, then please elaborate.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/20/09 1:02 PM as a reply to Balaji Renukumar.
@herzlich:

Sorry, what you have written, you do not qualify for NE. You need to wait more.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/20/09 1:09 PM as a reply to Balaji Renukumar.
1. I heard, I could get BE.. can anyone throw light on how to proceed with the ABH and get BE ? how long does it take to get BE status in ABH ?

>> 2 years paying taxes/working at least for BE, you could be eligible. Process takes around 1 month.

2. is it necessary to have BE in order to apply for NE - EG later ?

>> No

3. have heard that people have been getting NE even after 3 years or working in Germany .. how is that possible ?

>> Not true. Impossible.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/20/09 4:24 PM as a reply to Balaji Renukumar.
"Not true. Impossible."

This may be possible only if you are married to a German citizen.

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/20/09 4:31 PM as a reply to Balaji Renukumar.
Right, but that situation apparently doesn't apply to him, and in the case of marriage you don't even need to work in those 3 years.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/23/09 4:32 PM as a reply to Balaji Renukumar.
@UMTS11

>>You are applicable for getting NE.I hope you have a unlimited job contract.
You do not need to have BE or EG for applying NE.
Visit ABH and talk to them.

Could you please explain how can he eligible for NE?
According to the stay he may be eligible but what about the 60 months pension (rente).

@balajir80

lets calculate

24 (student) /2 + 39 (wi mi) +6 (workpermit)

60 - 57 =3
You can apply for NE if you can prove the stay and paid nearly 60 months of pension.
If you fail on 60 months pension , go to your alien office and ask them , if you can apply for NE, it also depends on City you live and officer responsible .
Wish you good luck !!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/24/09 4:51 PM as a reply to Balaji Renukumar.
thanks for the analysis bonupp.

so you mean, since I will finish 60 months in another 3 months, i can now already initiate the process right ?

1) Will th ABH tell me strictly to wait till 60 months are over ?

2) Another important question --- do you know of any of the ABH in Germany, which has recently rejected or put on hold any NE application of a foreigner in the light of economic crisis..

I am worried because, one of my friends lost the job recently (where he had been working since last 2 years). And he could get another job immediately (bright fella) and when he went to the ABH for the new work permit for the new job contract. ABH rejected his application saying -- there are enough german people now in the market who are jobless and therefore they can't issue him a work permit when there are enough qualified german people who are jobless..

Will this trend start affecting the BE, NE and einbuergerung applications as well ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/24/09 5:27 PM as a reply to Balaji Renukumar.
balajir80 wrote:
2) Another important question --- do you know of any of the ABH in Germany, which has recently rejected or put on hold any NE application of a foreigner in the light of economic crisis..

I have not heard that but it is very reasonable that they do. I had commented on this several months ago here on this website, after we had heard the financial crisis:
http://www.trust7.com/de/foren/meeting_the_world/financial_crisis/re_financial_crisis__3
http://www.trust7.com/de/foren/meeting_the_world/financial_crisis/re_financial_crisis__5
http://www.trust7.com/de/foren/integration/ne_for_highly_skilled_anual_salary_63000_euro/re_ne_for_highly_skilled_anual_salary_63000_euro__44

balajir80 wrote:
I am worried because, one of my friends lost the job recently (where he had been working since last 2 years). And he could get another job immediately (bright fella) and when he went to the ABH for the new work permit for the new job contract. ABH rejected his application saying -- there are enough german people now in the market who are jobless and therefore they can't issue him a work permit when there are enough qualified german people who are jobless..

Will this trend start affecting the BE, NE and einbuergerung applications as well ?

Yes of course it will.. This is exactly what I have told here several months ago, I had seen these troubles that time.

Since the number of jobless people in the market is growing exponentially this year, the database in Arbeitsamt grows also exponentially. They must find a job to jobless people first. People who do not have unlimited permit in Germany do not have a chance to find a job. After June 2009 it will be much worse. 2010 even worse.

Therefore people who do not have an unlimited permit must find a job as soon as possible otherwise neither Arbeitsamt nor Ausländerbehörde will approve anything. Jobless EU citizens and Germansh have higher priorities.

All foreigns who do not have unlimited residence permit and who have graduatedy recently have practically no chance to find a job during such a crisis in Germany, because local authorities will always show high unemployed rates as excuse. Therefore, foreigns who do not have job experience or few job experience have no chance in this crisis to find a job in Germany. It will be worse after June 2009. I can't figure out 2010. I know it is bad to say but this is the reality.

Klenze17.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/25/09 2:03 AM as a reply to Balaji Renukumar.
>> so you mean, since I will finish 60 months in another 3 months, i can now already initiate the process right ?

You can also launch the process right at this point, you dont loose anything by giving a try !!!

1) Will th ABH tell me strictly to wait till 60 months are over ?

you need to prove 60 months of pensions although some got NE without satisfying 60 months pension rule . It always depend on concerned authorities.

I heard its happening , some are being rejected , some are still waiting for the their new work permits after 3-4 months of processing .
But it depends on you luck.

Good luck !!!!!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/10/09 4:26 PM as a reply to Balaji Renukumar.
Hi all,

thank you all for the information. I had called up the concerned people and tried to initiate the Application for the NE but I found out that they will anyway make me wait till I finish my 60 months of Rente.

Thats why I at least wanted to get the BE status as I didn't have it.
Can anyone let me know will the BE be granted just as a change of VISA within the the validity of the current visa or will it be granted as a stand alone VISA with 2 year validity ?

In my case my current work permit is valid till 30th Sep this year. I asked the lady in the ABH and she told me that she will just change my running work permit (valid till 30th Sep) into BE. I was of the opinion that if I get a BE it would be valid for 2 years from the date of issue. I am worried if the lady is doing this just because of the economic crisis ?

thanks in advance,
luft-fahrt
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/11/09 12:03 PM as a reply to Balaji Renukumar.
>>In my case my current work permit is valid till 30th Sep this year. I asked the lady in the ABH and she told me that she will just change my running work permit (valid till 30th Sep) into BE. I was of the opinion that if I get a BE it would be valid for 2 years from the date of issue. I am worried if the lady is doing this just because of the economic crisis ?

That is exactly the correct procedure. With BE you are getting only part of the text changed, but no change in the Aufenthalserlaubnis. But next time around Sept, they may extend it for more time.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/11/09 4:18 PM as a reply to Balaji Renukumar.
Hi Raj,

thanks for your reply. Can I go for a freelancing contract soon after I get my BE status eventhough I dont have NE yet ?

I guess, there is a service here in trust7 that anyone with a BE can get a freelancing contract in the name of the trust7 service. Can anyone throw some light on this ? Is there some limitation for such contracts provided by trust7 ?

thanks
luft-fahrt
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/12/09 4:52 AM as a reply to Balaji Renukumar.
Just wanted to add that the current economic situation does not effect the citizenship applications.

People who have NE already have the right to remain in the country indefinitely. It is probably in the interest of Arbeitsamt to give them the citizenship, so they have better chances of finding a job within the larger EU circle rather than being on social benefits here.

Of course, it will effect people on work permit, BE etc.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/12/09 6:57 PM as a reply to Balaji Renukumar.
Hello xenon,

yea.. I also though the same way. Also the Arbeitsamt and Finanzamt in Germany would then have to pay back the foreigners much more money if they start leaving the country as well.
I mean if foreigner start leaving during these times without getting absorbed into the german system (changing passport as most of them like to) then they would surely apply for the RV Beitraege and other tax returns after 2 years. And I guess, on an average that amounts to 5k 7k per year for an average engineer right ?

regards
lf
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3