Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Immigration Law Change - Spouses need to know German before coming to Germa

Toggle
There has been a change to the Immigration Law that says citizens from certain coutries who are spouses need to know basic German before coming to Germany to join their spouse. Does anyone know when this change will take effect and be the law???? I think the President still needs to sign the changes in the law that have been already passed by the German Government. Does anyone have any other information or links about this topic and subject???

Thanks in advance.........
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Immigration Law Change - Spouses need to know German before coming to G
Answer
7/19/07 1:13 PM as a reply to Christophe Platts.
i heard that u need to know 200 German words.
If thats the case its not a big issue.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/19/07 5:46 PM as a reply to Christophe Platts.
@lpd84

200 words are very easy to learn. Just select 20 alphabets between A to Z and learn 10 words beginning with each alphabets :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/20/07 3:34 PM as a reply to Christophe Platts.
Anybody has some more details concerning this issue?

My wife will be coming here before the end of the year, just wanted to know what to expect.
0 (0 Votes)

discrimination over language requirement
Answer
7/23/07 8:56 PM as a reply to Christophe Platts.
according the following website I came to know:

In addition to raising the minimum age for foreign spouses to 18, the new German regulations require a basic knowledge of the German language before they may enter the country....

The sticking point is that Japanese citizens, Americans, New Zealanders, Australians and EU citizens, for examples, are exempted from the language requirement.

Is not a discrimination for other nations?

http://www.workpermit.com/news/2007_02_12/germany/german_emigration_economy_policy.htm

http://www.workpermit.com/news/2007-07-16/germany/immigrant-integration-summit.htm
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/26/07 4:58 PM as a reply to Christophe Platts.
Hi

I got today this

http://www.info4alien.de/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.cgi?action=download;file=00-familiennachzug-flyer.pdf

Here is the oficial flyer that explains the conditions to fulfill to get a spouse visum for Germany.

Just a comment: as far as I know, the new law is not yet in use. There is some technical aspects to accomplish (like the signature of Frau Merkel) and even the law is already approved, cannot be applied.

So, if you consider your partner cannot prove knowledge enough of german, simply bring him/her now!

As far as I saw, they will ask in the country of origin and before extending the visum, prove of German level A1 (even myself can prove this) be means of a certificate or test.

Good luck
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/26/07 6:48 PM as a reply to Christophe Platts.
Hello,

I really surprised that most of the members are worried about their spouses to bring in germany.

I understood that members are held their job in germany now, just wait for their future ..thats really good....but they dont have any voice!!!
what a shame????

In actually those who have a plan to stay long in Germany they/we will learn the deutsch by our own interest day-by-day..its very normal, but imposing certain conditions for non-european spouses are really inhuman, a 'ethnic discrimination' which can causes an action for the best immigrant to leave germany for other country,

at present, still there is no law/rules launched by german that once who apply for german immigration will not allow to apply for other country ....may be in near future they can impose this restriction for the immigrant of non-european based.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/15/07 5:30 PM as a reply to Christophe Platts.
Need A Suggestion,

I am working in Germany. I am planned to apply for a dependent visa for my spouse in November.
As this law is about to implement. How certain it could be that we may have to face the German proficiency requirement?

The implementation of this law will be effective immediately ? or
there could be a futute date of imlementation mensioned.

Nasir
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18