Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

NE for spouse of German( got through Einbürgerung/ Naturalisation)

Toggle
Hi All,
 I got married in 2012 and my wife came to Germany in the beginning of 2013. I'm living here since 2008. In the end of 2015, I got my German passport through Einbürgerung/ Naturalisation. In these 3 years(2013-2016), we live together in the same apartment and I work in a SW firm. 

My questions:
  1. As I'm German now, can I apply for NE to my wife under this law.

§ 28
    Familiennachzug zu Deutschen

(1) Die Aufenthaltserlaubnis ist dem ausländischen
    1.Ehegatten eines Deutschen,
    2.minderjährigen ledigen Kind eines Deutschen,
    3.Elternteil eines minderjährigen ledigen Deutschen zur Ausübung der Personensorge

(2) Dem Ausländer ist in der Regel eine Niederlassungserlaubnis zu erteilen, wenn er drei Jahre im Besitz einer Aufenthaltserlaubnis ist, die familiäre Lebensgemeinschaft mit dem Deutschen im Bundesgebiet fortbesteht, kein Ausweisungsinteresse besteht und er über ausreichende Kenntnisse der deutschen Sprache verfügt. § 9 Absatz 2 Satz 2 bis 5 gilt entsprechend. Im Übrigen wird die Aufenthaltserlaubnis verlängert, solange die familiäre Lebensgemeinschaft fortbesteht.
    This law says, my wife can apply for NE if she is married to a German and she is living here in Germany for 3 year. I got my German passport only 1 year back. Do I come under this law? can my wife apply for NE now ? Or should she wait for another 2 years to complete 5 years for applying NE?
  2. Also, My wife never worked in Germany. She is a housewife. Is it mandatory to work somewhere and paid  federal pension fund (gesetzlichen Rentenversicherung) for at least 60months to apply for NE?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Ram.

0 (0 Votes)

RE: NE for spouse of German( got through Einbürgerung/ Naturalisation)
Answer
7/26/16 11:27 AM as a reply to krishna murthy.
Hallo Ram,

pl.  visit einbürgerungsbüro and get the info reqd. In my case, my wife was with me for 4 years and during that i got NE and went to EB, they informed me that v both can apply for GC as she has completed 4 years of stay with me and i have already completed 8 years in germany. it depends region to region the rules and ofcourse the officers who deal your application. good luck

basbrem
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18