Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

PRos and Cons of living outside with German nationality

Toggle
Hi all,
I tried to search through the forum for topics like "People with German Citizenship living outside".

I know many people might have the same question and I just want to analyze what one should be aware of as a German National to work/study/live outside Germany/EU especially ALG, Insurances, Pensions etc.
cheers
Raj
0 (0 Votes)

Re: PRos and Cons of living outside with German nationality
Answer
7/28/10 12:08 PM as a reply to Rajendra K.
ALG - you dont pay ALG premium to the German govt., so you dont get outside Germany. If this benefit was granted, then the no. of unemployed people in German borders would be zero. With all unemployed people living in third world and earning a fortune in euros.

Insurances - public insurances not valid.. worldwide insurance possible with a GErman company.

Pension - your pension contributions are paid when you retire.

There
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/28/10 12:44 PM as a reply to Rajendra K.
that is clear for ALG.
What if some one pays ALG and moves to another country , are they allowed to claim ALG when they are back for the time to find a job?
To be precise, what should one do when they want to leave?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/29/10 12:42 AM as a reply to Rajendra K.
I think if you leave then ALG elgibility ends. Abeitsamt must be able to contact you all the time and you have to take permision to go abroad.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/29/10 1:55 PM as a reply to Rajendra K.
ALG-I you need to declare if you are outside Germany for job search.

ALG-II (Social) currently it is not possible but
before 2003 it is possible, then came a Florida Ralf famous in media and this law is modified

Read this here
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida-Rolf
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/29/10 6:53 PM as a reply to Rajendra K.
I am suprised ...! Why many are interested in relocating to a different country after German Citizen.

At the end it will look like a German with limited German proficiency. Living in Australia emoticon and enquiring German Embassy with having limited proficiency in German.

Ops ...After all German passport is a bit of paper emoticon

What's the next better paper !!! Let me search !

In my view One has to consider this issue before relocating to a different country with German passport.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/29/10 7:03 PM as a reply to Rajendra K.
@engineer : I believe it is upto every individual on what they prefer right ! and this could be one of them.

Why Relocating Now : My view is better opportunities else where.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/30/10 12:20 AM as a reply to Rajendra K.
@engineer:

>> I am suprised ...! Why many are interested in relocating to a different country after German Citizen <<

Infact nothing comes surprised! Economy is in trouble and politicians increase their lohn and ofcourse increase tax on everything on rest of the population. What other options are left other than search for better place to save/keep your money?

>> At the end it will look like a German with limited German proficiency. Living in Australia and enquiring German Embassy with having limited proficiency in German. <<

Some guy who sits in "rollstuhl" to decides to provide German citizenship to an non-german to play for germany in Olympics, who cannot speak a word of german and have not lived in germany and have not paid any tax, pension,..., So why are you worried of limited proficiency? In my opinion you should'nt be!

>> Ops ...After all German passport is a bit of paper <<

Only i'm aware is that it's not made of gold. I hope you agree on that (atleast emoticon

>> In my view One has to consider this issue before relocating to a different country with German passport. <<

Ask some questions (what and how few years from now), and then you can decide. In case if you still decide to stay, then lets talk when you retire once again emoticon

!Cheers!
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Pros and Cons of living outside with German nationality
Answer
7/30/10 1:04 PM as a reply to Rajendra K.
@engineer:
I agree with you..its just a paper and will give you a permit to re-enter and free movement to many countries and a backup plan if you ever want to work/visit/business in EU which I guess is most probable.

All the years you wanted to stay here , there were restrictions on visas, BE, NE, 90days work permit to students (Excluding the mobbing they do at ABHs) etc and most of us are bound to wait to get some thing out of our stay and once you got a German Pass, people think with free mind and what is best for them.

Just my opinion, may be I am wrong..
cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/30/10 1:22 PM as a reply to Rajendra K.
Friends, when I look back after some 9+ years in Germany, I see that life is a buffet, we take some, leave some. We can't have all in one life time.

kerwiss
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18