Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Surrendering Indian passport for Einbürgerung?

Toggle
Hi All,

I have been to Indian consulate recently and during our conversation about OCI, the official told me that instead of surrendering Indian passport to Einbürgerungsamt, we can apply Indian citizenship renunciation certificate directly form the consulate and then submit it to Einbürgerungsamt.

According to the official, by doing this, we can retain the Indian passport with cancelled seal and this original passport (tough cancelled) will be useful in many cases in future.

But if we directly surrender the passport to Einbürgerungsamt, they will in turn send it to Indian consulate where the consulate issues renunciation certificate and destroys the passport. And we end up having only scan copies and photo copies of Indian passport.

His advice seems very logical to me. Any one has done that? Or Any one tried doing?

Regards
Kumaran
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Surrendering Indian passport for Einbürgerung?
Answer
8/25/11 3:04 PM as a reply to Elangkumaran Subbarayan.
Hi

any one try this way?

Please share

Thank you
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/31/11 1:40 PM as a reply to Elangkumaran Subbarayan.
Hi,

I guess it is a catch-22 situation. For the renunciation of indian citizenship, you need the einburgerung certificate. You will get this only when you submit your Indian passport to the German authorities.

Easiest way would be to get a new Indian passport (after the current one's expiry) and then submit this to the German authorities. This way you can keep the cancelled "old" passport and the "new" passport is gone.

This is what i did. But i would be interested to know from others if the suggestion by the consulate official will actually work.

Cheers,
Buzz
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/2/11 1:23 AM as a reply to Elangkumaran Subbarayan.
Hi,

Once we apply for reuniciation certificate,consulate will cancel your passport and give it back to you,i guess it will be usefull
for applying OCI Card and so...

Once you submit the reuniciation certficate to Einburgerungsamt how long it will take to get Urkunde,German pass,any experiences ?

Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/4/11 1:22 AM as a reply to Elangkumaran Subbarayan.
Hi,

Can anybody answer this ??

I guees @raj,@Nobody seems like these days not so often visitig this site else we should have get the answer :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/4/11 3:48 AM as a reply to Elangkumaran Subbarayan.
Under Surrendering Indian Passport form...
read Instruction No. 3. A photocopy of the Nationality Certificate (Einbuergerungsurkunde), if already issued, or the letter from
the concerned authorities about grant of German Nationality to the applicant.

so in this case you just submit a copy of Landratsamt letter which you have received asking you to come and collect Einb.Certificate.

I hope this clears your doubt!
Cheers!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/5/11 12:25 PM as a reply to Elangkumaran Subbarayan.
Please share if any one submitted this way to EB office.!!

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18