Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Apply for passport directly or get PR and then passport?

Toggle
Dear All,

I am from Leipzig, sachsen. I fulfill all the requirements for a passport except the B1 language certificate.
Today, I got the DTZ B1 certificate. Now I meet all the requirements for German passport.

I need your guidance regarding whether to apply directly for passport with out getting PR or
better get PR and then apply for passport.

Which path is better? The officer in the Ausländer Behörde says that if I want to apply directly for passport then they will send the documents to Dresden otherwise they do it locally in Leipzig.

Can any one suggest me which is better? I would like to have the passport as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Venkat
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Apply for passport directly or get PR and then passport?
Answer
7/5/16 10:24 AM as a reply to venkata kommuru.
venkata kommuru:
Dear All,

I am from Leipzig, sachsen. I fulfill all the requirements for a passport except the B1 language certificate.
Today, I got the DTZ B1 certificate. Now I meet all the requirements for German passport.

I need your guidance regarding whether to apply directly for passport with out getting PR or
better get PR and then apply for passport.

Which path is better? The officer in the Ausländer Behörde says that if I want to apply directly for passport then they will send the documents to Dresden otherwise they do it locally in Leipzig.

Can any one suggest me which is better? I would like to have the passport as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Venkat
Hi,

first it is not just a passport, the process is called naturalization and through this process one recieves German Citizenship, if successful.

Secondly, in order to advice something let us know the following;
-how long you have been living in Germany?
-how many years you were a student or hold a work permit?
-do you have a permanent position in Germany?
-do you have an apartment?

regards,
Raj++
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/5/16 10:38 PM as a reply to R V.
Hi,

Thank you very much for your response.

since 2004 october, I am living in Germany.

I have job contract from 2011 february. Before that I was a student

Yes, I have a permanent job in Germany.

Yes, I do.

Eagerly, waiting for your suggestion.
Thanks,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/6/16 3:31 PM as a reply to venkata kommuru.
venkata kommuru:
Hi,

Thank you very much for your response.

since 2004 october, I am living in Germany.

I have job contract from 2011 february. Before that I was a student

Yes, I have a permanent job in Germany.

Yes, I do.

Eagerly, waiting for your suggestion.
Thanks,
I think in Sachsen they consider study time as half time. Considering Student time from October 2004 till January 2011 = 3.17 yrs and your work time from February 2011 till June 2016 = 5.42 yrs. All together 8,59 yrs will be counted in Sachsen, therefore you have the right to file Naturalization request at your responsible Einbürgerungsbehörde (EBH) according to para §10 of citizenship act (Anspruchseinbürgerung nach § 10 Staatsangehörigkeitsgesetz). Offcourse you need Einbürgerungstest certificate, alongwith the B1 certification that you already mentioned.

Next step: make an appointment with your EBH, collect forms and list of required documents, fill them up and submit them, than just have patience and wait till the procedure is completed.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Best regards, Raj++

P.S: this is not a legal advice

0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/6/16 9:08 PM as a reply to R V.
Hi Raj,

Thank you very much for the detailed information. I have all the documents required for naturalisation like DTZ B1 certificate, naturalisation test certificate etc.
My main concern is to choose which option i.e to apply directly for naturalisation or take first PR and then naturalisation.
Last time, the lady in the Einbür.. office has told that when I apply for naturalisation directly then the papers will be sent to the capital (Dresden) where they decide my naturalisation.
In other case where first PR is issued and then naturalisation they will do it here in leipzig office.
Since I want to complete the naturalisation process as soon as possible, I am glad to receive suggestions from you guys regarding which option to choose.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/8/16 11:41 AM as a reply to venkata kommuru.
venkata kommuru:
Hi Raj,

Thank you very much for the detailed information. I have all the documents required for naturalisation like DTZ B1 certificate, naturalisation test certificate etc.
My main concern is to choose which option i.e to apply directly for naturalisation or take first PR and then naturalisation.
Last time, the lady in the Einbür.. office has told that when I apply for naturalisation directly then the papers will be sent to the capital (Dresden) where they decide my naturalisation.
In other case where first PR is issued and then naturalisation they will do it here in leipzig office.
Since I want to complete the naturalisation process as soon as possible, I am glad to receive suggestions from you guys regarding which option to choose.

Thanks

I got my Naturalization in less than 6.5 years, without NE.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott