Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Student visa without Work Permit

Toggle
Student visa without Work Permit
Answer
8/5/09 4:53 AM
I just got a student visa to do a Masters degree programme in a German university. I am a Nigerian and the information I got before settling for a German school (I had 4 admission offers in the UK) is that students are allowed to work for a limited time during study.

However, my visa reads "Erwerbstatigkeit nicht gestattet", which I understand to mean that I am not allowed to work.

Please I will like to know the reason for this and what I can do to change it because I will like to work during study. Your candid advice will highly be appreciated. Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Student visa without Work Permit
Answer
8/5/09 11:12 AM as a reply to Nwankwo Obioma.
when you try to work (earn money) and (really) study at the same time then at most the German govt allows is 400€ / month jobs to keep the sanity in check.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/5/09 12:13 PM as a reply to Nwankwo Obioma.
As a student, you arent allowed to work more than 90days in a year. I think u cant change it
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/5/09 3:03 PM as a reply to Nwankwo Obioma.
As a student, you arent allowed to work more than 90days in a year. I think u cant change it

Kewlbuddy or anyone else who knows about this issue, what I want to know is that with this thing ("Erwerbstatigkeit nicht gestattet") on my visa, I'm I still allowed working for the 90 days in a year? Or I am refused doing any job at all.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/5/09 4:27 PM as a reply to Nwankwo Obioma.
Hi,

They will type Normally on your visa "Erwerbstatigkeit nicht gestatet". It means your are not allowed to take up full time work. But after you enter germany you visa will be changed, then they will mention that you can work for 90 full days or 180 half days.

Regards
Vikranth
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/5/09 10:09 PM as a reply to Nwankwo Obioma.
vikranth81, that was the best reply I could ever ask for. Thank you very much as you really explained all I needed to hear. I am really grateful to all you guys for you help. Thanks a million.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Re: Student visa without Work Permit
Answer
4/19/16 9:45 AM as a reply to Nwankwo Obioma.
Hi,

I know this thread is very old. I have the same problem. I have started with a masters course in Germany but my visa says "Erwerbstaetigkeit nicht getattet". Did they change it after entering Germany? Were you allowed to do a student job?

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/19/16 10:46 AM as a reply to Root.
Hi,

'Erwerbstätigkeit' stands for 'Selfdependent' work, it does not effect your right to work as a student for a limited time of days/hours.

Normal employment is called 'Beschäftigung'. 

Good luck for your studies!
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/24/16 5:08 PM as a reply to trust7.
trust7:

'Erwerbstätigkeit' stands for 'Selfdependent' work, it does not effect your right to work as a student for a limited time of days/hours.

Actually Erwerbstätigkeit means both employment (Beschäftigung) and self-employment (selbstständige Tätigkeit).

Therefore, "Erwerbstätigkeit nicht gestattet" means that the permit holder is not allowed to work at all. It is only possible to work after registering at the university/FH and receiving a residence permit from the local ABH.

See §2 AufenthG
Gesetz über den Aufenthalt, die Erwerbstätigkeit und die Integration von Ausländern im Bundesgebiet (Aufenthaltsgesetz - AufenthG)
§ 2 Begriffsbestimmungen(1) Ausländer ist jeder, der nicht Deutscher im Sinne des Artikels 116 Abs. 1 des Grundgesetzes ist.(2) Erwerbstätigkeit ist die selbständige Tätigkeit und die Beschäftigung im Sinne von § 7 des Vierten Buches Sozialgesetzbuch....
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/26/17 9:26 PM as a reply to Root.
Hello 
My student visa has the same written "erwerbstatigkeit nicht gestattet" does that mean I can not work at all? Would be great if someone can confirm me. 
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott