Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Green Card Newbie

Toggle
Green Card Newbie
Answer
1/3/05 2:28 PM
Hi all,
My proposed employer in Germany applied for a work permit assurance("green card") for me in December and I got it last week.
I would now like to apply for a visa to get to Germany. In this regard, I have the following very basic questions. Could somebody throw some light on these please ?

(Just incase the procedure is different at each mission in each country; I would be applying for the visa in Chennai, India. )

1. Which is the type of visa that I need to apply for here? (Type D?) Which application form should I therefore submit?

2. How many days does it take to obtain the visa?

3. Do I need originals of my contract with my new employer?(I just have a faxed copy of the contract) Do I also need a health insurance even before I land in Germany and also proof of my proposed place of residence?
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Green Card Newbie
Answer
8/26/13 7:32 AM as a reply to Girish Kulkarni.

Hi All!
I am new to this site and want to say thanks to the admin for accepting me here. I love to make discussion with peoples. Hope to spend a good time with you. Wish you all the best.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott