Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

urgent:changing from student visa to work permit

Toggle
Hai,
My husband is working in germany.
I came to here on dependent visa.now I got admission in one university in germany.but now I didn't change my visa status,because Iam searching for a regular job in germany.
i)can any one please tell me how can I get work permit from student visa to regular job.
ii)which one is best student visa or work permit visa.
iii) which method is easy to change my visa
from depend visa to work permit
or
from student visa to work permit.
Please give some suggestions as early as possible.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: urgent:changing from student visa to work permit
Answer
11/28/06 7:29 PM as a reply to Dres den.
hi,

Please use the search funtion for the dependent visa.

What visa you have now ?
" came to here on dependent visa.now I got admission in one university in germany.but now I didn't change my visa status,because Iam searching for a regular job "

If you have a dependent visa and you "Qualify" for the work visa then go for that, thats is faster.

Matrix
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/29/06 1:04 AM as a reply to Dres den.
Thanks for your instant reply Matrix.

I am a software professional. We are coming from nepal.
I am in germany since a few months, on dependent visa.

In passport, under "Aufenthaltserlaubnis" I see " $30 AufenthG siehe 04928010". What does this mean?
1)With this visa, can I work? if not, what I should do so that i get a valid work permit?

Please suggest the best and quick way so that i can change my status from dependent visa to work permit.

2) As mentioned above, I got admission in a university. Now, after joining the university, if I find a regular job(not student) in a month, is it easy to change the student visa to a regular work permit?
I mean, will that be of any help in getting work permit easily?

We got to take a decision asap, otherwise, the admission offer goes off from our hands.

eagerly waiting for the reply.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/29/06 12:42 PM as a reply to Dres den.
options:
1.-on dependant visa you can work after 1 year in D. but if you are lucky maybe you get the ArbeitsErlaubnis now. try it.

2.-with student visa you can work full time only if you finnish studium, or part time during studium

3.-if you can not wait you can try to get normal visa just as your husband as if you were still in Nepal. that is most uncertain but quickest way(if you do not get lucky with option 1).
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/29/06 4:48 PM as a reply to Dres den.
Thanks for the suggestions.
please help in getting more information for

your 1st suggestion: I see in this forum somewhere, that if I am a software professional, i fall under highly skilled professionals, and i neednt wait 1 year. Is it true, if so, please provide the link, or information, so that i can show in my ABH. and you have written "but if you are lucky maybe you get the ArbeitsErlaubnis now. try it.
" Please let me know, how to try, and whom to contact.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/1/06 1:37 PM as a reply to Dres den.
again
1 dependant visa
2 student visa
3 normal working visa.

if you are IT expert that does not changes anything if you have dependant visa (1).
if you are IT expert it can only help you to get normal visa (3). maybe you can try to get it the same way and procedure your husband did. but anyway you should talk to your ABH. Honestly I doubt that they will be much helpfull, but you need to know what they say.

anyway I advice you not to try to much. take your 1 year time to learn german or maybe to do MBA or learn something in IT.
even if you start now, maybe you will need a year to find job or learn german good enough to get a job.

so I advice you to do something usefull in this year where you are not alowed to work, instead of trying something that will hardly work just to start working half of year earlier.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott