Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

At the Cross-Roads (NE or D-EG)?

Toggle
At the Cross-Roads (NE or D-EG)?
Answer
8/28/07 1:13 PM
Dear Readers,
I have only been a passive reader so far and have benefited from this forum enormously in the past for which I am ever thankful to you all.

Here I am with an issue at hand and seek your expert advice.

Background:
I have Niederlassungserlaubnis (NE) since 2006 and have been prompting my Ausländerbehörde for a so-called "Daueraufenthalt - EG (D-EG)" of which they had no clue of until recently.

However, with my renewed follow-up, they finally seem to have been enlightned with this topic and have asked me to visit them with two required documents (Income proof and Führungszeugnis) for getting it(D-EG) stamped on my passport.

However, the officer left me with an option to choose from either NE or D-EG; meaning I need to forego one if I choose the other.

All that I know about D-EG is that - it makes me eligible to work anywhere in the EU and earn there but not sure if it's meant as an employee or as a self-employed individual such as myself.

Here are my questions:

1. Now that I am Self-employed (or Selbständig) with my own tax-id, does getting the new D-EG title really matter?
Can't I bill other EU countries (without VAT of course) for the services rendered even without the D-EG?

2. Can I work on-site in different locations (in other EU countries) without a D-EG?

3. And, will choosing a D-EG (thus making my NE invalid) in any way affect my eligibility to obtaining a German Passport eventually? Though I am not planning to get a German Passport as of now, I do like to have my options open.

I invite you all to share your valuable thoughts and comments.

Thanking you all in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: At the Cross-Roads (NE or D-EG)?
Answer
8/28/07 1:32 PM as a reply to Nicky Raodi.
Dude, D-EG is a better version of NE. No disadvantages there. Go for it.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/29/07 3:17 AM as a reply to Nicky Raodi.
crossroads ????? what the f... emoticon

it is amazing how much wrong information is broadcasted around. NE is currently §9 at Aufenthaltsgesetz. D-EG will be §9a (Mr. Köhler approved it last week)

Look at the link below;

http://trust7faq.wik.is/index.php?title=Visa/Daueraufenthalt_EG&action=print

See the end of the page with "What benefits do I get compared to NE ?"

****JUST KIDDING****
May be I need to start a hoax here;
They are bringing a new form of Aufenthaltserlaubnis which is better than NE and D-EG emoticon
****JUST KIDDING****
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/30/07 2:23 PM as a reply to Nicky Raodi.
@raj: Thanx a lot! :-)

@pwerhli:
At the X-Roads, surely is total f... :-), bcoz I had no clue what D-EG really meant and what it has on bait. With your message, it's indeed got clearer.

Keeping your wits aside, that link surely was of helpful information.

Thanks, that helped!
Cheers!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/30/07 5:17 PM as a reply to Nicky Raodi.
anytime emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18