Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

trust7 members in your neighborhood

De-registration (Abmeldung)

Toggle
De-registration (Abmeldung)
Answer
7/12/05 1:45 PM
Hi all,

As I am leaving germany i have done my abmeldung quite some time back. Since my wife has moved back few months ago, (without abmeldung) do i also need to do the abmeldung for her? Is is really important? Would it have any bad effects in the future if i do not make the abmeldung for her??

Any views, ideas welcome.

Regards, Asian
0 (0 Votes)

Re: De-registration (Abmeldung)
Answer
7/13/05 1:30 AM as a reply to Asian the Great.
"do i also need to do the abmeldung for her? Is is really important? Would it have any bad effects in the future if i do not make the abmeldung for her??"

for Germany it's hardly important, 'cause if you leave and do not keep a flat, she will be unregistered automatically as soon as you hand the flat over to your landlord

for you and your wife:

if she wants to keep her residence permit in order to be able to come over without having to apply for a new visa, find some friend who lives here and agree with him that your wife will be registered on his address

if she does not want to keep it: send a letter to a Meldebehörde explaining that your wife has left Germany and has to be unregistered, make a copy from that letter for yourself and forget about the whole thing
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott