Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Private Health Insurance

Toggle
Private Health Insurance
Answer
7/21/08 8:01 PM
Hi t7 members
I am a little puzzled regarding Private Health Insurance system in Germany.
I was a permanent employee working for a German company insured by AOK quite recently i resigned the job and willing to work as freelance consultant.Can any one in this forum help me out
which private health insurance is the best for a single independent consultant like me.

my main concern is i dont have any income statement and i dont know how much i will make till i get in to the project :-)

Thanks in advance for the comments
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Private Health Insurance
Answer
7/21/08 8:38 PM as a reply to Vin Ric.
If you are happy with AOK, you can check if you can be "Frewillig versichert" with them, meaning you'll still be with them but in some kinda Private Versicherungstuffe.
I was offered the same by TK but I decided to move out anyway.
Normally, well that was the case with TK, they asked me how much I could get per month and calculated approximatively what I should be paying them, requesting me to submit my first invoice as soon as I get a contract in order for them the review the price I was paying.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/21/08 9:09 PM as a reply to Vin Ric.
Thanks NoBody for the prompt response
apart from AOK do you think any Private Health Insurance have policy of fixed monthly amount.
I'm afraid i only work around 6 months in a year.

Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/22/08 3:31 PM as a reply to Vin Ric.
Any private health insurance offers fixed monthly payment that depends only on your age and health, not on the amount of money you are making. However every year this payment increases.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/22/08 4:11 PM as a reply to Vin Ric.
Thanks @Bies

Frewillig versichert with AOK costs me around EUR300 pm.any one in this forum having a private health insurance with good standards and cheaper than the above mentioned amount.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/22/08 4:31 PM as a reply to Vin Ric.
@deutschguy

can't remember exactly how much I pay as it goes directly for me and the kids but me and our 2 daughters, we pay something like 312 per month, so if I take them both out, I should be under your mark.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/22/08 5:31 PM as a reply to Vin Ric.
Thanks @D
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/22/08 5:54 PM as a reply to Vin Ric.
You're welcome.

And just for your info, I'm with the Münchener Verein Krankenversicherung (http://www.muenchener-verein.de/), they had very good packages for people from the new Bundesländer.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/22/08 6:54 PM as a reply to Vin Ric.
Thanks i will check with them
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/30/08 8:09 PM as a reply to Vin Ric.
sorry I don't have an answer, I just want to post a question can someone please tell me how to navigate to a posting area. I can not find it.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18