Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

acceptable id proof for OCI holders

Toggle
acceptable id proof for OCI holders
Answer
1/4/10 3:25 PM
Dear Friends,

for buying property in india as german citizen of indian origin(OCI holder) i was asked to furnish id proof. what arguments do i have if my OCI is rejected as id proof. This is the only document i have as valid id docuemnt. PAN id or electroal cards cant be submitted as these are not valid in any case anymore.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Re: acceptable id proof for OCI holders
Answer
1/4/10 5:16 PM as a reply to subir subir.
OCI card and the german passport with OCI sticker should suffice in anycase. If they reject, just ask to speak with the higher up and explain them that you cannot provide anyother proof. Your old indian passport copy shuld also suffice if they need additional documents or your old drivers license or ration card, eventhough they are not valid anymore.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/5/10 12:41 PM as a reply to subir subir.
I am OCI holder & wanted to renew my Indian driving license in India(thru my relatives) so I inquired with Indian Consulate & according to them OCI holders can hold as well as renew Indian driving license.

Has anybody such experience?

Thanks in advance
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/5/10 4:47 PM as a reply to subir subir.
dear raj and goodfaith,

thank you for the reply. i'll attribute this to their ignorance if someone not accepting OCI, and hence i need to talk to higher authorities. As told i still have my PAN card and voter card and even photocopies from my indian passport. no one will realise this if i try to use these documents but to be on safer side i dont want to use these as this is a fraud. Lets put emphasis on all indian govt bodies to recongnise and become familiar with OCI at parity with passport.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott