Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Travel to US

Toggle
Travel to US
Answer
2/22/05 4:15 PM
Hi friends
I plan to travel to the US (private trip).Am based in Hamburg and an Indian GC since last 3 years.
Would like to have first hand info from experienced GCs from India, regarding their experience relating to VISA processing initiated in Germany.
thanks & regards
GnR
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Travel to US
Answer
2/23/05 12:37 AM as a reply to GnR GnR.
I remember that a forum member recommended to exchange your Euros to US-Dollars before the travel...

Maybe the exchange rate in EU ist better...

BTW I prefer to use creditcards or travelers checks... but you always have to carry some dollars too.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/23/05 1:21 PM as a reply to GnR GnR.
hi,

I am also based in Hamburg and did try for a private visa some three yrs ago..But was refused because they thought I am a prospective immigrant. The official assumes that every application is a prospective immigrant and we have prove that we are not an immigrant..Can be little tricky..

Amol.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/23/05 2:56 PM as a reply to GnR GnR.
VISA process for US Visiting VISA is simple, the only thing is you have to do is
1. call US embassy and take an appointment
2. Letter from your employer stating that yfrom when you are working etc.
3. Take your last 6 months Salary slips.
4. Proof of addres where you are going to Stay in US(any invitation letter from US friends/relatives) or Hotel reservation Confirmation.
5. Uberweisung VISA fee Money transfer, Two Pics of yours and Self address Envelop with stamps attached(to send your passport by post).

If you have the above documents, they dont even ask you a single quetion and just give you 10yrs Visiting visa.

If you are a student here, then maybe you have 50-50 chance of getting visiting visa.
I and my wife got 10yrs Visa which i applied one and half year back.
to AMOLP76--> I didnt find any tricky to apply or getting US visa.

Regards
Krishna
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/23/05 6:48 PM as a reply to GnR GnR.
"If you have the above documents, they dont even ask you a single quetion and just give you 10yrs Visiting visa." you serious about the length of this visa? Never heard of such a looooong visiting visa.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/23/05 8:38 PM as a reply to GnR GnR.
Yeah its true, I got it for 10yrs and condition that i should not stay in US not more than 6 months.

Regards
Krishna
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/23/05 8:44 PM as a reply to GnR GnR.
Hi,

As I said, I applied 3 and half yrs back and that time they never gave appointments..It was similar to UK Consulate. We send in our papers and passport by post and they send the visa. Maybe the rules changed now or maybe the Visa issuer had a fight with his wife that day. Also One difference, I was staying in a company rented Apt. So maybe that made them think that I am a prospective immigrant as I do not have any rented Apt in my name. emoticon Hard luck for me. Good for you.

@Nobody.

They do give 10 yrs visiting visa. Only difference is you are not allowed to stay for more than 6 months in one trip. Or maybe the rules have changed now.

Regards.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/23/05 9:06 PM as a reply to GnR GnR.
Hi,

Amol was right. They started these personal interview stuff only after Sep 11. Before that there was no way one could enter the embassy or even call them. U are only allowed to go in if they call u. I too got visiting visa rejected that time.

vamsi.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/24/05 2:51 PM as a reply to GnR GnR.
Then as soon as I got my NE, I will apply for one. If I only knew, I would have done it long ago. And at least, with a NE, you shouldn't be considered as one wanting to run away from Germany, I prefer staying here than going there. And with a job here, there's no chance to go and stay there for 6 months in a row, what kinda holidays would that be :-)

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18