Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Permanent Visa for Mother

Alternar
Permanent Visa for Mother
Respuesta
5/12/09 18:00
Hi,

I am in Germany for over 21 years now, have a good job and already got my Einbürgerung in 2004. My family (wife and 2 children) also got the Einbürgerung this year. My parents live in India. As my father is not keeping a good health these days I was considering to bring my mother to Germany if anything worst happens to my father. I have three sisters who are all married.

Is it possible to bring my mother to Germany as a family member as she can not live alone in India, because my sisters have their own families. Just for info: My mother is not economically dependent on me (though she is a housewife)

Does anybody know a similar case?

Thanks for your suggestions/advice in advance.

Take care
Gentleman
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Permanent Visa for Mother
Respuesta
7/12/09 12:09 en respuesta a Aravind Dr. Bedekar.
@Gentleman

We have discussed that already in detail. Please go through this thread....

http://www.trust7.com/en/foren/visa_questions/getting_parents_to_move_in_germany/%2emoticonffset%29/10

Btw, the Spain-Option works, friend of mine managed to get his parents to Holland using this :-)
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
7/12/09 21:23 en respuesta a Aravind Dr. Bedekar.
@ Akshay,

I cant understand how this works. Normally, one can stay in another Schengen Country upto 90 days but above that even for Europeans, they have to register at some Office.

My doubt is if police verifies, how will they find out if a person is staying more than 90 days or not if the person has travelled from Spain to Germany by Bus? (There wont be any kind of stamping in the passport).

Anybody had any experiences??

Thanks,
Mohan.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
24/12/09 9:19 en respuesta a Aravind Dr. Bedekar.
Hi,

I have the exact same query as the gentleman above, The only diff is i am already facing the situation. Having lost my father recently, i am thinking of getting my monther (who is financially dependant) on me to Germany on a dependant visa..Is it possible to get a dependant visa for my 61 year old mother?

The response to the above query made earlier seems to have been removed ..Can somebody please respond to the above..

Also i have brought my mother to Germany on a 3 month visa which is about to expire..How soon can she apply again?

Regards,
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
24/12/09 12:18 en respuesta a Aravind Dr. Bedekar.
Dear Friends,

It is not possible for any of us to leave our parents alone in some old age home,we all come across this situation when we think of bringing them here and care for them but the German government only treat us as foreign workers and don't give us this privilege to get a dependent visa for our parents.This is not the case with US,UK and many other countries where one can even get a permanent visa for close blood relatives.
It is time for the German government to give us the privilege to bring our parents if one is living here for long and financially sound.This is also one of the reason many of us don't think of settling here permanently and return to our home country after few years.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
26/12/09 20:32 en respuesta a Aravind Dr. Bedekar.
@ prasadp,

<< This is not the case with US,UK and many other countries where one can even get a permanent visa for close blood relatives. >>

How is it in UK ? and What all other countries u mean ?

Anybody who is experienced in UK could please share his experience in bringing mother permanently to UK.

Many thanks in advance,
Mohan.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
29/12/09 10:01 en respuesta a Aravind Dr. Bedekar.
Hi All,
I am looking for getting the German dependent visa for my mother.As my father passed away there is no one except me to take care of her.
Can anyone help me the proper suggestion or reference to look for. I tried to read all the posts of this thread but unfortunately i could not get the fair idea about it.

Thanks
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
29/12/09 12:02 en respuesta a Aravind Dr. Bedekar.
It seems the rights of EU citizens are superset of the rights as Germans. Under an EU directive, your dependant(sometimes non-dependant also) parents can join you if you move to another EU country.
for e.g.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/rightsandresponsibilites/#header2

after staying some time(i dont know how long), if you decide to come to back to Germany, 'since you are coming back as EU citizen', you can bring your family including parents to Germany.

There was an EU court ruling during March 2008, which makes that the family members can join from a non-eu country(for e.g., from India) as well.

here are the links...

http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2008/04/22/definition-of-family-member/
http://ec.europa.eu/youreurope/nav/en/citizens/living/right-residence-more-3-months/for-family-members-who-are-not-citizens/index_en.html
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
17/01/11 14:44 en respuesta a Aravind Dr. Bedekar.
Hi,

I am also working in Germany and want to invite my parents for a long term visa instead of tourist visa. For this reason i went to the ausländerbehörde (immigration office)for getting the details of appropriate long term Visa but unfortunetly they refuse to provide visa for more than 3 months. This is a big problem for the Indian people working in Germany.
I also tried to convience the immigration office staff, so that they can provide some way to solve this problem, but with no success.

If anyone have solution for this problem, please please let me know , my parents are very old and are dependent on me.

Thanks
Pooja
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
18/01/11 21:31 en respuesta a Aravind Dr. Bedekar.
@all who succeeded to bring their mother in germany with tourist visa
I also have similar problem as many of us here. I also lost my father and want to bring my mother here. i already tried 2 times and visa was rejected from Delhi Embassy. She even could not get visa for short stay. How could you convince them for visa (these people from emassy think that she will come with tourist visa and will stay forever).
any suggestion will be greatly appreciated!!
thanks guys
Kumar
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
20/01/11 10:20 en respuesta a Aravind Dr. Bedekar.
This is the biggest problem here. Today or tomorrow we will face the same issue. I think, lot of qualified foreigner leaving this country who realized the situation earlier. This is not immigrant country like USA,CANADA or Australia. So I dont think, Germany will change their rules to bring parents or brothers permanently.

Someone mentioned here that we can bring our parents in UK and they can live with permanently. Is that true ? I have also seen some information in UK border agency web site but I am not sure if this is still active. Are there anybody who alreday know about this or who already use this rule for him?
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
22/01/11 10:21 en respuesta a Aravind Dr. Bedekar.
Hello:
I am in a similar situation where I could have my mother as a resident of Germany. She has been 3x to Germany on a tourist Visa. It is probably much better to apply for a tourist Visa once or twice a year for 3 months (you can get 2 schengen visa starting one after the other and have a stay for 6 months in a row) rather than seeking a change in the German Law. As someone already mentioned, the foundation of Germany is not immigration-based, and you can not expect the government to behave like Canadian or Australian system (even any other European) for a number of social and geopolitical reasons. It is your choice to leave your conutry and live here, and obviously a respect of and compliance with the local law is also expected (I wonder if people read the German law and oath in depth). Everyone knows that individual acts are mostly selfish (including mine), and we always think of improving our life rather than of the system, which you would know better if you were raised in Germany. Changes do come in any system but take time (may be not in our generation). If there are concerns with close relatives in India or elsewhere, there are better fixes such as assisted living, senior residence etc in India and elsewhere.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
11/03/11 17:58 en respuesta a Aravind Dr. Bedekar.
Hello Mr. roundtheclock,

I didnt get your statement
"(you can get 2 schengen visa starting one after the other and have a stay for 6 months in a row)".

- Do you mean that on tourist visa anyone can stay for 6 month continuously ? I dont think so and i have checked this with the foreign office.

-If GERMANY is providing jobs to the people from other countries then the German Law should be liberal for them or else they should stop providing the jobs to the outsiders, so that any POSITIVE change will not affect the "GERMAN LAW".
The Government should not act like Canadians or Australians but they should learn from them to accept other cultures and respect them.

-Leaving my parents alone or in any senior residence, I just cant think about it. If they cant get the long term visa then i will quit this country and will return back to India or will apply for job in some other countries ... other then Germany.

Thanks
Pooja
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
16/03/11 8:22 en respuesta a Aravind Dr. Bedekar.
Hi Pooja:
Sure you can apply for two tourist Visa at two different missions abroad. It might even be possible from the same embassy.

To your question about the German system that it is not the system that should understand you. It is you who should understand the foreign system and respect its values. The value of parents and their care in this culture is not as strong as in others, and you should be aware of that. Further, the demgraphy of each country is different, and their policies reflect those dynamic changes. You should not take it personally; instead think from the global point of view of a system you are living in. I do not wish to be pholosophical and naturalist here. But the underlying principles of these everyday's experiences can also be well explained at those two levels.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
16/03/11 17:57 en respuesta a Aravind Dr. Bedekar.
As I understand law there is some rule for getting parent to join but it is not without any condition.
Please read forum post by vakalat.
http://www.trust7.com/en/foren/visa_questions/subsequent_immigration_for_parents
Generel problem is political and cultural that Germany unlike Canada and US is not orginially "melt pot" country. We have to struggle on individuel basis for our parent to join us later here in Germany.
0 (0 Votos)

RE: Permanent Visa for Mother
Respuesta
14/09/12 12:37 en respuesta a Aravind Dr. Bedekar.
@ OP and trust7 members

I know this topic is already discussed before but it has been long time since last reply on this thread.
So has anyone been successful in getting long term visa for more than 3 months (not a Schengen Visit Visa) for parents?

Atleast on the Family Re-union webpage on German Consulate website, Mumbai, it states "spouse/family member" on the whole webpage.
http://www.india.diplo.de/Vertretung/indien/en/05__Mumbai/Visa/Visa1/Visa__Familyre-union__Visa__Seite.html

Please share your experience.

Thanks.
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3