Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

German passport for new born in India

Hi Friends,

I would be thankful if you could share experiences.We(me & my wife) both have German passports. Very soon we are expecting a baby in "INDIA".

1. Which documents are needed for to get an German passport ?

2. Should i approach German Embassy via "VFS service" for the passport ?

3. Any thing that i have to take care of ?

Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: German passport for new born in India
Answer
8/4/11 3:43 PM as a reply to Ahmed Syed.

http://www.mumbai.diplo.de/Vertretung/mumbai/en/04/PassportInformation/NeuerPassSeite.html

No, as a german national you can approach them directly during office hours.

3. Any thing that i have to take care of ?

As soon as you get the passport for the baby, dont forget to get a indian visa.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/4/11 5:13 PM as a reply to Ahmed Syed.
Hi Raj,

Bingo. I expected the first reply from you.

Here we do have Indian Consulate.Where In India do i have to apply for Indian Visa ??

Thanks dear
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/4/11 5:25 PM as a reply to Ahmed Syed.
I think you should contact the police headquarters in your town or city where foreigners are normally required to register themselves. There is a special division for it.
But i would suggest your to go for the OCI directly http://mha.nic.in/pdfs/AddressesOCI.pdf
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/4/11 7:18 PM as a reply to Ahmed Syed.
Hi,
If your baby is eligible for OCI card or PIO card then it can be applied in regional FRRO offices in India or in MHA .
If the baby is not eligible for both these cards then if it wants to travel outside India for the first time it has to get an 'exit visa' first to come out of the country and after coming out of India then it can apply for the entry visa in any of the indian consulates outside to re-enter again.This exit visa can also be applied in FRRO offices and also these offices extend the visas issued by Indian consulates outside.
These Foreigners Regional Registration Officers (FRROs) work under Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA)which is in Delhi.The FRRO offices in India are located at New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Amritsar and now at Bangalore. Check for the corresponding Regional FRRO office based on the place you live.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/30/11 3:42 PM as a reply to Ahmed Syed.
Hi Friends,

First of all thanks for kink suggestions, I do still have a question, we need to submit DOB(obviously) for get the German citizenship for our new born.

1. While obtaining the DOB certificate in India, in the application there's an "Citizen field". What should I put/fill in this field ? If i mention as Indian then he will by default become Indian citizen ? or ......

Thanks in advance
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/18/12 1:59 PM as a reply to Ahmed Syed.
Hi Friends,

Once again thanks for all feedback's.Nevertheless let me share my successful experience.

Here is complete process that you have to follow.
You(we have received after contacting through mail) will receive 3 forms after contacting German Embassy, India.
1.ANTRAG (unverheiratete Minderjährige)
2.Einverständniserklärung des Sorgeberechtigten
zur Beantragung eines deutschen eisedokuments.
3.Erklärung des Sorgeberechtigten
zur Beantragung eines Kinderreisepasses.

Note: In case of application.2
1. In the father isn't personally available while submission, then you get it attested from local Standesamt.

With the above forms you should also submit the below
1.Infants DOB(English & Version).
2.Marriage certificate((English & Version).
3.Parents passport copies.

No, approach Embassy directly(they are very friendly).

3. Do I have to take Indian Exit Visa.
No, as per the rules(as it's a case of infant) but for sure immigration authorities are gonna ask you and put in trouble.(I personally recommend it).

4. Where can get it ?
SP office (i.e.district headquarters) are responsible. It's not always Hyderabad FRO.

a. As all other foreigners you have first get infant registered.

b. Just before departure you have to once again approach SP office for Indian exit Visa(it an typed paper with Infants's photo, SP's sign and official stamp).

5. How much does it cost at SP office ?
Actually it free, but Anna.H protest hasn't changed anything.

Keep sharing your view's.

Best Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/18/12 3:58 PM as a reply to Ahmed Syed.
Dear Hesen,

Congrats for the baby and thanks for sharing your experience and feedback.not many people do that . I request everyone to share their own exoeriences specially those who asked for an opinion.

Now one thing from personal experience though the medical doctors are excelllant in India,everyone should avoid having baby there due to many many problems. there are more probs if the parenst are Indians due to the passpot of the baby then the visa of germany can take months e.t.c. Avoid avoid avoid...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/19/12 3:24 PM as a reply to Ahmed Syed.
Hi Hope,

Na ya, i disagree with you.I hardly faced any problems.

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/21/12 9:37 PM as a reply to Ahmed Syed.
@Hessen,

May be because you had German passport. For Indian passport holders , The child passport has to be applied . for that you need a birth certificate from MCD ( minimum a month ). then the passport ( minimum a month or two). then comes the German visa .It may take 6 to 8 weeks if you are lucky .If during this time your wife is more than 6 months already in India, the embassy may ask if she has a valid German visa and so on......

The German embassy tells you that a family reunion visa may take upto 6 months. All the best my dear.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott