Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Visa and Arbeitslosengeld

Toggle
Visa and Arbeitslosengeld
Answer
8/4/05 1:33 PM
Hello,

I came to Germany in 2001 on GC and working in Munich since then.

After one and half year our company spinned off and received another GC valid till 2008 but have the company name on the visum.

Our company is closing in one month.

1. May I know how long I can stay in Germany, legally and find job in Germany.

2. For how many months I will get the Arbeitlosengeld ?

Awaiting your replies,

Regards,

Sunil
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Visa and Arbeitslosengeld
Answer
8/4/05 2:03 PM as a reply to Sunil Survaiya.
Hi
What is the condition(Auflage) written on your residence permit ? any "Erlischt.." clauses ? If yes, then noone here can give you a concrete answer for your future stay, it just depends on the ABH/Arbeitsamt that you are dealing with.
(IMHO, you should have at least 3 months in any case)

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/4/05 3:47 PM as a reply to Sunil Survaiya.
@Sunil

A GC that I know in Munich 3 years ago lost her job and she got 3 months. She told them that she has a husband and a kid. I know another case where a person got only 1 month in a smaller town almost 2 years ago.
Maybe some other GC-s have experience how is it after 1.1.2005 or some links to laws?

About the following I am not 100% sure:
Somebody mentioned that you can stay as long as you get arbeitslosen geld (but I havent read it anywhere officialy) and you get Arbeitslosen geld for 12 months I think. I also belive you need to be employeed at least 12 months before that in order to be entiteled to the Unemployment benefits.

cybigi
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/4/05 5:09 PM as a reply to Sunil Survaiya.
@cybigi
It depends on the clause/condition on your residence permit. There are 10s of different clauses written on GC residence permits and the GC law(IT-ARGV) does not really precisely define what needs to be done in case of unemployment. After 1.1.2005 GClers can be treated like the other foreigners in Germany in terms of unemployment, as long as the transition rules do not talk about this issue.

If there is a clause like "Erlischt mit Beendung der Tätigkeit" on your residence permit, it is perfectly legal (but IMHO morally not) that ABH asks the person to leave the country immeaditely although he/she has the right to claim unemployment benefit.

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/5/05 4:11 AM as a reply to Sunil Survaiya.
"If there is a clause like "Erlischt mit Beendung der Tätigkeit" on your residence permit, it is perfectly legal (but IMHO morally not) that ABH asks the person to leave the country immeaditely although he/she has the right to claim unemployment benefit."

true. if you are GC you should not agree with such a condition in the first place
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/5/05 7:05 PM as a reply to Sunil Survaiya.
I went to the ABH in hope that I will get the Eg to start freelancing as I have been holding GC Arbeitserlaubnis for 3 years and the lady there just gave me another Aufenthaltserlabnis (so 2 pieces of red paper, just like the old one) and the text is:

On the 1. page:
AUFENTHALTSERLAUBNIS
Zusatzblat nr. xxx (some number) seite 21, gemeß §18 abs. 2 AufenthG

On the 2. page:
Unselbständige Bescäftigung nur gem § 27 BeschV als IT Spezialist gestattet.
Der Aufebthaltstitel erlischt mit Beendigung der o.g. Beschäftigung. Selbständige Tätigkeit nicht gestattet.
Keine weitere gültigen amtlichen Eintragungen.

I walked out thinking that I got Be but this is wrong. Only the company name is not in my Aufenthaltserlaubnis everything else is as strict as before. This made me upset.

Guys, I have the follwoing questions:

For the ones with Be:
Is that again a Aufenthalterlaubnis and what are your texts there? Do you have again this "erlischt mit Beendigung.."

For everybody:
The pragraph § 27 is for the new ones that come after 1.1.2005. Was it rightfull that I got that?

I wanted to get Eg but this is even worse then Be. Please help.

cybigi
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/27/05 9:43 PM as a reply to Sunil Survaiya.
You must ask your local Arbeitsamt how many months Arbeitslosengeld you're entitled to and what are the steps to claim them. They have a list as to how much you will get per month and how many months you are entitled to the unemployment claim.

While you are on Arbeitslose, you must search for a job.

P.S. I'm an ex-GC and have since left Germany...
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott