Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Couple moving to Frankfurt - Resident permit question

Umschalten
I'm British and my wife is American. We currently live in America, but are hoping to be relocating to Frankfurt soon. I will be working, but she will not. If I understand this correctly, she doesn't need a spouse dependent visa? She just needs to apply for a residence permit as soon as we arrive?

I understand I will have to prove that I will be earning enough money to support her. This is where I get confused. Is that not a Spouse dependent visa? Is that what she will be receiving when she applies for a residence permit?

Next question: How would one calculate the "Proof that you can support your spouse" thing? If I am paying the rent, utilities, food, transportation etc. How much money do I need to show I have left over for her? I just wonder if anyone knows what that formula is. I mean we know what we can live on, but we don't know what immigration expects us to have. The job will pay between 40 and 50,000 euros a year. I have to decide how much to ask for when I interview. I have to make sure it's enough to cover her in the eyes of German Immigration.

Sorry this was so long. Thanks in advance for any help!
Jimmy
0 (0 Stimmen)

Anyone? This is time sensitive!
Antwort
29.04.12 22:22 als Antwort auf Jimmy Snow.
Thanks...
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Couple moving to Frankfurt - Resident permit question
Antwort
29.04.12 22:30 als Antwort auf Jimmy Snow.
Hi Jimmy,
mostly the forum members of trust7 are from Non-EU and third world countries like India whose visa regulations are different. Thatwhy you might not have received any reply for your posting?
you could try posting in the following forum
www dot toytowngermany dot com whose members are mostly from USA,UK,AUS etc.
Good luck!
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Couple moving to Frankfurt - Resident permit question
Antwort
02.05.12 01:12 als Antwort auf Jimmy Snow.
Thanks for your response rvkvaradhu!
Jimmy
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3