Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Network Setup for T-DSL flat Connection

Toggle
Does anyone had setup a network connection(internet connection) between two computers having T-DSL flat? if yes can you tell me the procedure (any difficulties in setting up this) and what do i need, a normal modem/router/hub (can somebody recomend the best one) built-in is enough or anything special equipment?

Regards
Deepak
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Network Setup for T-DSL flat Connection
Answer
1/17/05 2:32 PM as a reply to Deepak Bansal.
Hi

I think this information is not enough to understand what you are trying to do.

-> You are going to establish a DSL connection for the first time and distribute it to two computers ?

or

-> You already have a DSL connection with one computer and distribute it to a second one ?

If the second option is true, then you must have already a router/modem which receives your DSL connection. It can be so easy then just to join the computer to the router's network.(simply plug it to the router, if it is not wireless)

If the first option is true, then you need a splitter which you get from d. telekom and you need a router/modem. (If you want two computers to be in the net then it should be a router). You may need to set the router and the computers, but it is not that difficult. Usually router's manual should be sufficient to achieve that without even needing extra help.

If you ask which router is the best.. well I dont know.. I use d.telekom's Sinus 1054 DSL wireless. It can handle more than two computers and I didnt have problems with it till now.

Regards

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/17/05 4:56 PM as a reply to Deepak Bansal.
For the first, I really dunno, but for the second, you can simply use a gateway software, I've never done that because I never needed to but my brother uses since quite some years now (since 1998 if I recall well) a software called "Avirt Gateway" (http://www.avirt.com/), but it ain't a freeware.

One PC works as "server" and you can add up the rest, dunno how he does that, but in case it's that option you need, just specify and I will ask him more details and post them here for you.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/18/05 10:43 AM as a reply to Deepak Bansal.
Good Morning,

At present i have DSL connection having modem from t-online(Teledat 300 Lan T-DSL). Recently i have got another new computer and i wanted to share internet connection for two computers. I had a doubt in buying the hardware, do i need to buy only router or router and hub or modem,router and hub or any software which distributes the internet connection?
please do recomend the best hardware or software.

Regards
Deepak
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3