Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Tourist Visa Info

Toggle
Tourist Visa Info
Answer
4/25/16 4:39 PM
Hi,
   I want to invite my Father(age 60 and retired) in Germany and sent Verpflichtungserklärung and Insurance(90 days) starting 15.5.2016.

Now I am interested, he comes on 25.6.2016(1 month later) and go back 24.9.2016, so I filled form with this data. Is it ok or not. Because insurance told me that insurance will be started when my father lands in Germany. I will be taking care of all his expenses and accomodation. Does he still needs to show bank statements or my Verpflichtungserklärung is enough.

90 days staty will be counted from allowed travel date stamped in passport or from date of entry in Germany.

If tourist visa is rejected, do they tell reason and one can reapply again or have to wait for some time.

Best Regard.

SK
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Tourist Visa Info
Answer
4/28/16 9:19 AM as a reply to sulman khan.
sulman khan:
Hi,
   I want to invite my Father(age 60 and retired) in Germany and sent Verpflichtungserklärung and Insurance(90 days) starting 15.5.2016.

Now I am interested, he comes on 25.6.2016(1 month later) and go back 24.9.2016, so I filled form with this data. Is it ok or not. Because insurance told me that insurance will be started when my father lands in Germany. I will be taking care of all his expenses and accomodation. Does he still needs to show bank statements or my Verpflichtungserklärung is enough.

90 days staty will be counted from allowed travel date stamped in passport or from date of entry in Germany.

If tourist visa is rejected, do they tell reason and one can reapply again or have to wait for some time.

Best Regard.

SK
Hi,

Does he still needs to show bank statements or my Verpflichtungserklärung is enough.
can you please inform which German Embassy or Consulate your father will be applying at? Are you a German Citizen or NE or Blue card holder? I presume you have a permanent source of income and just want to know if you support your father and if you claim the tax benefits for the same? Do you have an apartment or house big enough to host your father?

normally tourist visas are granted for a maximum of 21 days, but for family members this could be extended upto 90 days. In this case your father needs to show the evidence that he is retired and what is his source of income. A Bank statement will be necessary in this case. As for the entry and exit dates, this could be clarified from embassy directly. IN ANY CASE, PLEASE DO NOT BUY AN AIR TICKET BEFORE THE VISA IS GRANTED.

Best regards,
Raj++

P.S: this is not a legal advice.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7