Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Family rejoining Visa for spouse getting delayed

Hello, can somebody answer me how many days will it take to get visa stamped after I submit the HR letter, salary proof and house landlord letter in Ausländerbehörde in the Rathaus of place where I am staying?
Already 7 weeks over from date of appllication of visa in German Embassy in Bangalore.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Family rejoining Visa for spouse getting delayed
Answer
4/27/16 8:48 AM as a reply to Avinash.
Avinash:
Hello, can somebody answer me how many days will it take to get visa stamped after I submit the HR letter, salary proof and house landlord letter in Ausländerbehörde in the Rathaus of place where I am staying?
Already 7 weeks over from date of appllication of visa in German Embassy in Bangalore.
In my case it took them (Delhi) around 5 months ! I hope it gets processed earlier in your case...all the best.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/27/16 11:29 AM as a reply to sachin gupta.
Today I called German Consulate to get the status of Visa and the response from them was very rude. They just tell that enquiry for visa should be done only after 12 weeks and the work is in progress, they can't tell how many days it may take or what is reason for delay also!!!
Since already the verification and approval from German Foreigner's (Ausländerbehörde) office is completed, I hope there is no more procedure to be followed from Indian visa issuing authority, they just have to stamp teh visa and sent the passport back. But I never expected this to get delayed so much!!

Is there any way to know the reason for delay?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/1/16 10:04 PM as a reply to Avinash.
Hi Avinash,
Have you received you spouse VISA?.
The same situation is mine also. I have applied for my spouse on June and I have asked the cconsulate after 7 weeks, but they're very rude and not giving any status. I have enquired in foreign office in Germany but no reply.
Is there any possible way to get the status?
Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/11/16 2:07 PM as a reply to Raghavendra Gupta.
Raghavendra Gupta:
Hi Avinash,
The same situation is mine also. I have applied for my spouse on June and I have asked the cconsulate after 7 weeks, but they're very rude and not giving any status. I have enquired in foreign office in Germany but no reply.
Thanks in advance.
Hello,
I didn't get visa for my wife. Finally I took tourist visa for my wife and she came here to join me in Germany.
After the CGGS rule came in Germany, the company where I am working currently (Indian company and I have come to germany on deputation) was not able to provide me complete salry slip which is paid in Euros. Finally the salary which I was getting at that time was less than what German government has made rule for minimum salary for bringing spouse, so the German consulate rejected my spouse visa. After my salary was revised here, it was already too late and German consulate asked me to apply fresh dependent visa for my spouse (which will have minimum waiting period of 90 days again), but we are newly married and already spent more than 4 months apart. So my wife took tourist visa and came to Germany immediately adter rejection of dependent visa. Now her 3 months will end in Schengen zone and she is travelling back to India to obtain fresh tourist visa and come here. 

Hope this answers your question.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/14/16 2:11 PM as a reply to Avinash.
Yes It is true, due to arrival of syrian refugees, there is a too much work load and too much crowd in ABH. so I think the visas are getting delayed.

Regards

Chandru
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/25/16 7:52 PM as a reply to Avinash.
Avinash:
Raghavendra Gupta:
Hi Avinash,
Thanks in advance.
Hello,
I didn't get visa for my wife. Finally I took tourist visa for my wife and she came here to join me in Germany.
After the CGGS rule came in Germany, the company where I am working currently (Indian company and I have come to germany on deputation) was not able to provide me complete salry slip which is paid in Euros. Finally the salary which I was getting at that time was less than what German government has made rule for minimum salary for bringing spouse, so the German consulate rejected my spouse visa. After my salary was revised here, it was already too late and German consulate asked me to apply fresh dependent visa for my spouse (which will have minimum waiting period of 90 days again), but we are newly married and already spent more than 4 months apart. So my wife took tourist visa and came to Germany immediately adter rejection of dependent visa. Now her 3 months will end in Schengen zone and she is travelling back to India to obtain fresh tourist visa and come here. 

Hope this answers your question.
Sorry to say but once the tourist visa ends, anyone can only apply after 3 months i.e. max 3 months of visa given in 6 months. If you are planning to apply for tourist visa again immediately please make sure about this rule. AFAIK , your wife will have to wait again for 90 days just to be eligible to apply for tourist visa again.
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
11/30/16 8:12 PM as a reply to Abhi.
Hello Guys!

I would like to know whether it is possible to apply visit visa for my wife now inorder to bring her to Germany during the spouse visa (Dependent)  processing time.

she will apply for spouse visa by feb 2017. Is it possible to bring her in visit visa for 90 days (during Feb, march, April 17)

Is there any issues or possibilities in this approach?

Please give me your experiences and feedbacks.
Thank you in advance
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/23/17 11:12 PM as a reply to Ashk.
Hello Guys,

After a long waiting period almost 3 months, I got my blue card visa for only validity of 6 months.
I have applied for family re-union visa from Chennai consulate in India in last week of June.
I got a letter from Local ABH to submit few documents like Salary slips,House contract and Employment contract.I have submit the same
to them.But still I did not get any response/Email from consulate regarding the status of my wifes Visa.

Do any one know how much time still it takes for the Visa ?
Do I need submit any other documents by contacting local ABH office?
How do I know the status of Visa ?

Can someone suggest me what should I do for further process of my wifes Visa.

Thanks,
Suri.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/3/17 11:11 AM as a reply to Abhi.
As my husband is a bluecard holder in germany, I applied for long term dependent visa on 12 .09.2017 in Mumbai. Embassy Told to wait atleast 8-12 weeks for the mail confirmation.
After continuous follow ups over the phone and on mail, there was no response.
On 29.11.2017 I got another mail asking me to make a DD of Rs 45000 in favor of consulate for verification of documents. 
The investigation could begin only after the payment has been received and it normally takes approximately 8 to 12 weeks to finish.
After the investigation is over, the report will be reviewed by authorities and accordingly, a final decision will be taken.
I wanted to know
How long will take for verification and confirmation?
Why does it take so long?
Since it has already been approximately 3 months. Do we mandatorily need to translate our Marriage certificate?

will my husband also get mail or call or post to submit some more documents?

regards
Samuel
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/4/17 4:23 PM as a reply to Samuel Navneeth.
Hi ,
This is called German bureaucracy, They have their own way fo doing things .
Actually your documents will be submitted to Varification Agency , they will view and if you are not from Mumbai , then they will ask for more money . once you pay them the money as soon as possible . It will take 3 month approx ( Number of application for german family reunion are getting more ). I understad your pain .but it will pay you will get yout visa .untill then just focus on your daily routuine .
The more you think , the more you worry. 

all the best 
gautam
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/6/17 12:27 AM as a reply to gautam sri karla.
thanks Gautam for the reply.
i already paid a DD of 45k ,now you mean to say , i need to pay more as i am not from mumbai?

will my husband also get any notification to submit document from his side in Germany?
you are absolutely right. The more i think,  the more doubt and worry
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/6/17 2:37 PM as a reply to Samuel Navneeth.
Hi , 
You need not pay any more . just wait for verification officer do his investigation . he will visit your home and do all back ground checks .  it will take one month to get your visa form the date  of submission of documents from verification officer to German embassy .Don’t trouble embassy .... they too don’t know the status . If your are unable to separate from your hubby, ask him to visit you to compensate the pain of separation.

as per my knowledge the number of family reunion visas are more and verifications officers are less ... so just focus on your German language .

All the best 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/31/18 7:23 PM as a reply to gautam sri karla.
Hi..
Today(31st May) my husband got a letter from ABH.The letter asks him to send an email confirming that he is willing to live with his wife in Germany.
Do you have any idea how long will it take for the German aurhauthori to approve my Visa now?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/29/18 8:52 AM as a reply to Samuel Navneeth.
Hello everyone,,can anyone suggest me,,i hv similar problem.I am from punjab and applied from delhi on 11.4.18.i hv submitted my all documents and enquiry fees too.My husband is eu passport holder from cyprus but now in germany from 4 years.there was exemption from embessy fees.now seven weeks passed but there is no enquiry.my other known got verification within week.I am in stress..can anyone suggest what is going on in my case
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/29/18 9:28 AM as a reply to Push Inder.
Hello,
First thing I ll suggest you is to stay positive and calm emoticon
Because there is no means to speed up things, I am speaking this from my own experience.
Sometimes it takes a lot of time. I am on the same boat, applied for family reunion visa 6.5 months back and have not received it yet.
However, in my case the verification officer visited us after 6-7 weeks of application.
Have you heen informed from the embassy that they need a verification in your case?
If yes, then have you paid the verification fee?
If yes, then you will have to wait for the verification officer to come to visit you on the address given in the visa application form.
Imp note: Until the verification officer visits, you should always be present on the address you mentioned in the application form, otherwise it might cause problem in verification process.
Thus refrain from planning any vacation/trip in this period.
All the best emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/8/18 7:42 AM as a reply to Shradha.
Hello,
My husband received letter to provide the pyslips and house contract and have been submitted 2 weeks back. But still we dont have any update on the visa. Did any faced this issue. Please help . 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/1/19 3:57 PM as a reply to Shradha.
Shradha:
Hello,
First thing I ll suggest you is to stay positive and calm emoticon
Because there is no means to speed up things, I am speaking this from my own experience.
Sometimes it takes a lot of time. I am on the same boat, applied for family reunion visa 6.5 months back and have not received it yet.
However, in my case the verification officer visited us after 6-7 weeks of application.
Have you heen informed from the embassy that they need a verification in your case?
If yes, then have you paid the verification fee?
If yes, then you will have to wait for the verification officer to come to visit you on the address given in the visa application form.
Imp note: Until the verification officer visits, you should always be present on the address you mentioned in the application form, otherwise it might cause problem in verification process.
Thus refrain from planning any vacation/trip in this period.
All the best emoticon

Why would you say that until verification officier visits, you should always be present in the address mentioned in the application form. Do you have or happen to be known someone who had some experience ?. My point is its not necessary a person or family is always in home. They might be into some vacation or visiting someone in neighbour. If you have some experience please share here. Also, if you could tell me if the address proof for the address mentioned in appliation proof is necessary because my parents recently shifted the home and I am living in germany so I don't have any documents that prove my new address in India or does my parents address is sufficient?
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
8/11/16 2:09 PM as a reply to Raghavendra Gupta.
Kavya:
Hi ,
I am also in the same situation. I applied in June from Bangalore . My hubby has submiited all the docs . 
Waiting for stamping !! 
kavya, I would say, you should wait till 90 days (lead time for german consulate to process the visa). If it is still not in anby progress, please contact German consulate directly, or ask your husband to reach Ausländerbehorde in local Rathaus where he is staying in Germany and enquire about the status of Visa.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/24/16 10:21 AM as a reply to Avinash.
Hi Everyone, 

Can someone help me with my question ???

I have applied for the German dependent visa in Chennai consulate .Its already been 6 weeks from the application submission date.When my husband enquired in the Emigration office  in Germany ,they said your application is new and it may take more than 3 months to process your documents .......will it take really 3 months for the ABH to process the visa ?? I'm just curious to know what is the exact timeline because while submitting the application i was intimated that it may take a maximum of 12 weeks and now they are saying  again 3months ...

Thanks,
Manju
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/24/16 10:52 AM as a reply to Manju priyya Raja.
Hallo,
It is the maximum time. Once your document arrived to germany, thy vl send letter to your husband german address to come for an interview with some documents like 1. Rental contract saying No objection for the house owner to accomodate you, ( vermieter bescheingung), 2. Last 6months salary statement(Lohnbeschinigung) 3. confirmation of Health INsurance of your husband (Nachweis from Krankenkasse).

If the document not arrived, then u r husband has to wait. Normally the document vl reach from 4 to 6weeks time.

so wait until that...!!!!!!!!!!!
All the best
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/7/16 10:22 AM as a reply to moon mal.
Hi ,

I have applied for Family reunion visa and got appointment on September 29 , 2016 and documents verification was done after one month.
While enquiring about the Visa status in Delhi Embassy now , I got a reply that "  
The document verification has been completed and was forwarded to the competent aliens authority in Germany" but wheras my husband asks authority in Germany and they are saying it is still pending for documents to come. Does anyone has such experience and how much time it will take in Germany office to approve Visa. Kindly share your similar experience if any.

Thank you
Puri
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/7/16 10:49 AM as a reply to Puri.
Hello Puri,

I have not faced any verification of documents. So the verified documents need to come to germany. So you need wait approx. 3 to 4 weeks more in your case.

Sorry to hear about your situation. ONce your document arrives here, they may call ur husband for short meeting and next 1 or 2 days u get the visa approval by email.

Hope for the best.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/7/16 10:52 AM as a reply to moon mal.
Thanks Moon or your response , it requires a lot of patience to wait for such a long time.

I hope to get Visa stamped soon.

Best regards
Puri
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/7/16 10:54 AM as a reply to Puri.
Yes.... WAITING is the best way. Try to enjoy the life in INdia, once u come here, u never get that back......... So until your visa get stamped., make use of every possibilities to live in INDIA happily...........

All the best for your visa soon and reunion with your husband.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/7/16 10:58 AM as a reply to moon mal.
Thank you Moon emoticon emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/15/18 8:31 AM as a reply to Puri.
Hi,
I am facing the similar issue.
Could you please telt me when did you receive the visa?And is there abyanyth you'd like to share to speed up the process?

I applied for the family reunion spouse vusa 6 months back.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/8/18 5:57 PM as a reply to moon mal.
Hello Moon Mal,

My case is little different than what I could see here in existing threads.
I have applied for family reunion Visa on July 31st 2018 and the Visa application was rejected by September 6th 2018.After understanding the reason for the rejection I challenged the consulate decision(raised an appeal) with couple of new documents.

Three weeks before I received call from Germany consulate Bangalore that my appeal request is granted and they asked me the travel date and asked to submit passport and biometric.Everything is done it's been 3 weeks and I was told over the call that I will get passport back on the same day I submit it or max 2-3 days.But till date I haven't received any communication from consulate about passport stamping and collection
Could anyone reply to this if you have faced such situations
Would like to know what confirmation Bangalore consulate is waiting from Germany to stamp and issue my passport back.

Thanks in advance
Smitha
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/9/18 8:01 AM as a reply to Smitha BS.
Hello Smitha,
Normally If you submit passport, you should collect it on 1 week later. That is the latest procedure and timing required for stamping visa on your passport.
Hope you can collect it on the same day of 1week later.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/9/18 8:15 AM as a reply to moon mal.
Thank you very much for the reply Moon.
I was also in the same assumption as you because I was told over the call that I will be getting it in the same day or maximum 2-3 days of submission.When I went for submission it was different the people at consulate said because we have taken your biometric again we can't issue the passport today itself we will communicate to you when it is ready.Its been 3 weeks and I haven't heard anything from them.

When I called to check what's happening the people at consulate answered saying we are waiting for confirmation from Germany .I am clueless what confirmation they are waiting for  or why Germany is taking time in confirming to Bangalore people

Please assist anyone who have faced simulsi issue.

Thanks
Smitha
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/9/18 8:17 AM as a reply to Smitha BS.
If the yet to receive approval from Germany, then you have to wait for a while. Because, the local foreigner office in Germany will check all your documents and then sent their approval to bangalore consulate.

Then your bangalore consulate will issue the visa. This will happen to all the conulsate too.

So keep finger crossed and wait.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/9/18 8:31 AM as a reply to moon mal.
I just don't understand when they say appeal request is accepted and submit the passport what more process they will have . They asked me the travel date as well.
Anyway thanks for the reply and concern Moon .
My fingers are crossed from 3 months hope they won't get crossed forever ;)

Smitha
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/9/18 8:33 AM as a reply to Smitha BS.
Okay cool... WE cant force them in anyways. If we do, they take it in a odd manner.

So be patience enough.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/15/19 1:30 PM as a reply to moon mal.
Dear All, Sorry to barge in with the new thread, But would need this info really.

My Case : Family (Wife & 3 month old Kid) applied for family reunion visa in the last week of Mar'19. The embassy requested for the verification of the marriage certificate & birth certificate of the kid. Also asked for some reference whom they can speak with. References provided - Ref1 in Bangalore ( as this is the place we have mentioned in the passport of mother and child) & Ref 2in Hometown ( marriage and the child was born here).

Questions:
1. My wife and child are currently in the hometown. So for the enquiry is she required to be at Bangalore or can my relatives staying in the apartment can show the evidences ?

2. Will they visit both the references or providing all the evidences at the first will be good enough?

3. What can be the probable questions to be prepared with by the enquiry officer ?

4. Is the verification of documents & granting of visa a sequential process or can it be parallel?

5. What time is required in the recent past(from experience of the participants) from such a verification mail to visa granting ?

6. Is there any reccomendation to speed up the process ?

7. Any other tips!!!

Thank you for your support
Best Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/15/19 1:36 PM as a reply to NATS Sr.
1. Whatever the address given for verification, she should stay there.

2. ya thy visit both the references even thy enquireto your neighbours

3. thy enquire abt ur marriage things only.

4. thy wont b parallel.
5. 8-12 weeks., depends on case to case
6. I hope everyone wants to speedup. bt I belive no body can do that. so PLEASE AVOID SUCH QUESTIONS
7. NA
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/16/19 7:58 AM as a reply to moon mal.
moon mal:
1. Whatever the address given for verification, she should stay there.

2. ya thy visit both the references even thy enquireto your neighbours

3. thy enquire abt ur marriage things only.

4. thy wont b parallel.
5. 8-12 weeks., depends on case to case
6. I hope everyone wants to speedup. bt I belive no body can do that. so PLEASE AVOID SUCH QUESTIONS
7. NA
Thank you moon for the reply. 
Some times some questions are unavoidable as it might be a first time experience of the people.. emoticon And as my kid is quite young so I asked. 
Let me wait and share my experience as I proceed with this .. 

ANy other tips are welcome. 

Thank you
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/21/18 1:08 PM as a reply to moon mal.
Hello,

i have applied for dependant visa at bangalore consulate and its more than a month.what i understand from the different post here they will inform for verfication but neither i got any call or mail regarding verification.i sent a mail to embassy to inquire about this this then i got a reply from them saying "[font="Calibri","sans-serif"]Your application is still pending at the Immigration Office (Auslaenderbehoerde) in Germany. Family reunion visa usually take up to three months for processing. We will inform you as soon as we have news for you."
    i really dont understand there process. do you haveany idea about htis process or any info. how long would it take to process.

Thank you in Advance
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/10/18 2:22 AM as a reply to Swapnil Shankar Pardeshi.
Hi All,

I Had also applied for the spouse reunion visa on the 10th September 2018 and 12 weeks are over and there is still no response from the consulate.
No verification was asked and they did not accept the fees for the verification as well.
I had emailed them a couple of times but there is no response from them.. 
What should I do now.. please advice
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/10/18 7:32 AM as a reply to jayant mahapatra.
Hello,

Did you do inquirey at bangalore consulate in person.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/10/18 1:22 PM as a reply to Swapnil Shankar Pardeshi.
Hi, 
I have applied in Mumbai Consulate, I called them but they said to write an email and they said they will respond if they have any update else they will not reply at all.
I don't know what to do next other than waiting.. 
Please let me know if there is some way to know the visal approval status
Thanks,
Jayant
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/13/18 4:12 AM as a reply to Swapnil Shankar Pardeshi.
Swapnil Shankar Pardeshi:
Hello,

Did you do inquirey at bangalore consulate in person.
Hi,

I have applied in mumbai.. I did call them and emailed them many times there is no response in terms of approval.
the email replies are standard email replies not specific to the case and they arennot very accompdating on phone..
lets see how it goes..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/26/18 7:09 PM as a reply to Avinash.
Hi Mr Avinash,
I see in your writings that your wife was able to gain a tourist visa. Actually, my husband is a blue card holder in germany and I'm eligible for applying a national visa (family reunion spouse). But as there were no slots available for the same till august 2018 I have decided to go with a schengen visa and appiled for it but my visa was rejected twice. The reason mentioned for my refusal was "Your intention to leave the territory of the member states before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained". May I please know what document were you able to provide the emabssy assuring your wife's return to India after the specific visa period.

Regards,
Shravani. K
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3