Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

WorkPermit Extension

Toggle
WorkPermit Extension
Answer
10/14/05 7:11 PM
Hi There,

I am in Germany for the last 7-8 months on a work permit. My current employer wishes to extend this work permit for the next year.
However, I wish to join another company in Germany, who is willing to do the needful.

Can anyone please tell me the process for the same ? I mean If I get a work permit extension from the current employer, then can I use this extended work permit to work for my next company? If not, then do I have to go back to India and again re-apply for a fresh work permit?

Kindly respond.
Thanks and Regards,
Savera
0 (0 Votes)

Re: WorkPermit Extension
Answer
10/14/05 7:35 PM as a reply to S R.
Workpermit from present company is not valid for the new company. So you have to apply for a new workpermit for the next company. You dont have to go to india for this, but can apply from here itself.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/17/05 5:30 PM as a reply to S R.
Thanks Raj !

Any idea how much time it takes. I may have to shifft my residence also !

Thanks and Regards,
Savera
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/17/05 5:43 PM as a reply to S R.
As it has been said before, the time frame depends on the AuslanderBehorde + ArbeitsAmt. Lets say a rough figure of 4 weeks. This time period can be reduced depending upon the pressure ur new company can put on the AB.

Dont change ur residence before u get ur new permit!!. If you are just changing within the same city then it is ok. But if you are moving towns then it is problematic. Time taken for transfering your files from AB in one city to AB in another city is shitty business. My file didnt arrive for a period of 5 months to the new city.

Since i havent changed my resident permit for a long time, i have no idea about the new regulations of in which city you have to apply for the change of workpermit.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/20/05 5:33 PM as a reply to S R.
Thanks Raj !
You have been a great help.

Regards,
Savera
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39