Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Need info for starting a business(gastronomy)

Toggle
Hi All,

My name is Ramya, Housewife. I'm living in Germany with dependent visa. My husband got German passport through Naturalisation recently. We live in a small town close to Stuttgart. I have great passion for cooking, expecially Indian cuisine. I wish to start a Indian Food online delivery business (and pizza too). 

Here are my questions:
1. Where to begin? Where can I get details about it?
2. What all the documents I need?
3. What all the paper work should I do?
4. We are planning to use our house kitchen for cooking. Is it allowed in Germany?
I can get permission from House owner.

Please do help. It would be great, if you could share your personal experience in this regard.

Regards,
Ramya.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Need info for starting a business(gastronomy)
Answer
4/22/16 11:19 AM as a reply to Ramya kumar.
Hi Ramya,

first of all.. congratulations to your idea! 

second.. here is the place where you should get all required informations for the legal part:

https://www.stuttgart.ihk24.de/english/startup

You may tell us about your services when you started. This should help with the business part ;-

Good luck

Detlef
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
4/22/16 11:40 AM as a reply to Ramya kumar.
Hi Detlef,

Thanks a lot for your quick answer. 
I'll take it from here and update in this thread accordingly.

Thanks once again.
@other: I would appreciate your posonal experience in this regard. Please share.

Regards,
Ramya
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/28/16 9:54 AM as a reply to Ramya kumar.
Ramya kumar:
Hi Detlef,

Thanks a lot for your quick answer. 
I'll take it from here and update in this thread accordingly.

Thanks once again.
@other: I would appreciate your posonal experience in this regard. Please share.

Regards,
Ramya
Hi Ramya,

great idea! I personally know Get Grocery UG www.get-grocery.com as a success story similar to yours. Have a look at their website and contact the friendly owners, you will definitely get all necessary information you need for a start-up company, where you just need a small amount.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Best regards
Raj++
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/3/16 2:39 PM as a reply to R V.
Hi Raj,
Thanks a lot.
I have sent them an email with this same content that I have posted here. 
Hope they will get back to me and waiting positively.

Regards,
Ramya.
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
5/9/16 9:25 AM as a reply to Ramya kumar.
Hi all,
Till now no reply from get-grocery.com. waiting eagerly for their reply. 
In the meantime, if anyone here or your friends, already tried this kind of business, Please share your experiences. This could help not only me, but also ppl like me looking for better oppertunities.

Thanks,
Ramya.

0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/9/16 11:19 AM as a reply to Ramya kumar.
Hi Ramya,
welcome in the real hard world of business ;-

It is not that easy that you just write a mail to somebody and they will reply. Normally you have to follow up your mail by calling them and ask who is the right person to speak to. When you got a name you ask for the direct dial through number, even if they tell you that they will connect you with this person. Just in case you have to call again.

Than you have to ask very politely if they got your mail and explain why you wrote it. The rest is up to your communication skills, to your intentions and luck!

Good luck
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/9/16 1:34 PM as a reply to Ramya kumar.
Ramya kumar:
Hi all,
Till now no reply from get-grocery.com. waiting eagerly for their reply. 
In the meantime, if anyone here or your friends, already tried this kind of business, Please share your experiences. This could help not only me, but also ppl like me looking for better oppertunities.

Thanks,
Ramya.

Dear Ramya,

please have a look at the following link;

http://www.howtogermany.com/pages/mini-gmbh.html

It give you information about the Mini GmbH, you can open such a company with just 1 euro.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Best regards,
Raj++
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/9/16 2:22 PM as a reply to R V.
Hi Raj,

I am sorry to say this, but this link does not help. To found a 'Mini GmbH' or a real GmbH does not help to start a business. The work still has to be done, marketing, advertising, spreading the news, looking for clients.

It is even worse with a Capital company, because you have to pay more taxes and you are obliged to do a much more complicated kind of accounting! Even the 1 Euro story is not the naked truth ;-

You will get just more time to save the 25 k for a real GmbH, but you still have to have it!

Many 'Starters' have the dream to run a GmbH and found one, which is no problem, without testing if their business idea works. So they spend a lot of money which they could save if they just start their business as a single company (Einzelfirma).

Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/17/16 11:11 AM as a reply to trust7.
trust7:
Hi Raj,

I am sorry to say this, but this link does not help. To found a 'Mini GmbH' or a real GmbH does not help to start a business. The work still has to be done, marketing, advertising, spreading the news, looking for clients.

It is even worse with a Capital company, because you have to pay more taxes and you are obliged to do a much more complicated kind of accounting! Even the 1 Euro story is not the naked truth ;-

You will get just more time to save the 25 k for a real GmbH, but you still have to have it!

Many 'Starters' have the dream to run a GmbH and found one, which is no problem, without testing if their business idea works. So they spend a lot of money which they could save if they just start their business as a single company (Einzelfirma).

Detlef
Hi Detlef,

this link serves as first hand information for two types of entrepreneurs;

1- with financial capital of more than 25000 euros
2- with financial capital of less than 25000 euros

Offcourse, thats not the only thing, for a successful start-up one needs proper business plan, feasability study, time-schedule, marketing etc etc.

Cheers, Raj++
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/18/16 9:03 AM as a reply to R V.
Thanks a lot Raj. I'll look into it. 
In the meantime, I got reply for IHK. I have asked an appointment to discuss further. 
I'll update how the meeting went and info on this topic.

Regards,
Ramya.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/18/16 11:23 AM as a reply to Ramya kumar.
Ramya kumar:
Thanks a lot Raj. I'll look into it. 
In the meantime, I got reply for IHK. I have asked an appointment to discuss further. 
I'll update how the meeting went and info on this topic.

Regards,
Ramya.
Good luck Ramya!

Eagerly waiting to place my first order.....hurry up please.

P.S: and this first order comes from a Pakistani emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18