Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Arbeitslos

Toggle
Arbeitslos
Answer
11/29/06 12:45 PM
Dear all,

i did not find an appropriate forum topic for my question, so decided to place it here.

i worked in Germany for 4 years as GC, then took a break and did my Master degree (MBA) for 1 year. I still have my Aufenthaltserlaubnis for another 2 years. I am currently looking for jobs in Germany. Therefore 2 questions,
1. i am trying to get Arbeitslosgeld, but in Arbeitsamt i was told to be able to get the payment, i have to work at least 1 year in 2 last years. Because of my study , i worked less then 1 year in the last 2 years, but worked 4 years in germany and paid RV and SV.Does someone knows if there are special regulations for this case? Or if not, can i get a part of the Arbetslosgeld?

2. I am looking for a job as Project/Product/Programme manager for Telecom/IT companies or IT strategy/system integration consultant. Have 8 years of international experience in Telecom.
Would be grateful for any help/advice.

Many thanks,
Nataly
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Arbeitslos
Answer
11/30/06 1:07 PM as a reply to nataly vagner.
Hi, regarding 1 I think that combined working time for at least one in the last 2 years is a necessary condition to get Arbeitslosgeld I. Once you decided to pursue an MBA you voluntary excluded yourself from Arbeitsmarkt and therefore waived you right to request ALG I. I think that your previous payments for 4 years in this case can't be requested right now since they only would have influenced the duration of ALG I payments (would have been one year in your case) had you registered as Arbeitslos and started to look for a new job a year ago instead of going back to school. However, if you find a new job quick and are not happy about your new job you can quit as soon as your cumulative working time in the last 2 years will exceed 1 year and receive ALG I for 6 months. Since you probably fulfil the requirements to get Beschäftings Erlaubt status after working previusly for 4 years your job opportunities are not restricted to IT area.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott