Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Spouse Visa during studies in Germany

Toggle
Spouse Visa during studies in Germany
Answer
4/19/16 10:55 AM
Hello,

I will start doing my masters in germany in winter 2016/17. I wanted to know whether it is possible to bring spouse on student visa to Germany if we show enough finance to sustain? How difficult is to get spouse visa on student visa? Anybody who had been to similar situation in past please help me out.
Also, if this is not possible then are there any other alternative as i dont want to stay away from wife.

Thanks in Advance!!
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Spouse Visa during studies in Germany
spouse visa
Answer
5/12/16 10:43 PM as a reply to Tanuj K.
Hi,

I am in a similar situation, I am on a Stipendium here as a PhD student. Although I am not married yet, I enquired about these things before hand to be well informed. Ideally the Auslanderbehörde expects you to have a proper source of income, as a student one option is Stipend. You could say I can take care of expenses by showing 8k+ euros in your account and for your wife each, but the chance of getting visa in this case less, but you could give a try. Other alternative is she applies for a master and comes on a student visa which is faster, but only apply if she is interested to study..otherwise she might take away someones opportunity. 

Cheers,
Raghu
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/21/16 11:18 AM as a reply to raghuram kalyanam.
Hi Raghuram,
I am in the similar situation like yours (doing Phd with stipend and I have student status visa. I am going to marry in August). I would like to know your updates regarding spouse visa on student status visa or how have you delt with this problem?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/26/17 4:19 PM as a reply to Nikhil Pradeep Kulkarni.
Sorry it seems i missed your message. How far have you come? did you get married? your wife got a visa. My wife got  a visa today, fortunately in just 2 weeks, which is a surprise for us.

Best Regards,
Raghu
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/28/17 11:30 PM as a reply to Tanuj K.
I managed to get spouse visa when i was a PhD student with contract at the university. I think you need a source of income for about at least half a year and a flat for 2 people so atleast 30-35 sq m. I guess it must be possible even as a master student with enough financial support, just as the AU guys.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/4/17 3:39 PM as a reply to ami fran.
I am also inn a similar situation. i have applied before a month for the spouse visa for my wife. i am a scholarship holder doing my PhD here in Germany. i am really worried whether they provide Visa or not. Could someone share your experiences like how long did it take for you guys as PhD student to get the spouse visa. Or is there any way to know the status of my application as the Embassy never responds to it. can one approach the Ausländerbehörde?
Thank u all.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18