Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Health Insurance Certificate

Toggle
Health Insurance Certificate
Answer
7/12/05 10:15 AM
1,I was told to invite some one from abroad i need to show Health Insurance Certificate for concerned person...We can get it
from Germany...can some one let me know where i can find one.

2, Can i get the Health Insurance Certificate from insurance coming before the person reaches germany.Just a certificate for confirmation.

dupac
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Health Insurance Certificate
Answer
7/12/05 12:00 PM as a reply to Du Pac.
Check:
http://www.visaversicherung.de/
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/12/05 4:09 PM as a reply to Du Pac.
@dupac

the ABH in my town only required me to say that the person will be insured once he/she get here. If anything, the DE embassy might just issue a 3 months tourist visa, which is updated to the status you want at the local ABH when a person gets here. KV is not required? or am wrong according to the new law? KV Bescheinigung is required when applying for the relevant permit at the local ABH.

my 2 cents
M
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/12/05 4:16 PM as a reply to Du Pac.
You can tell your ABH that the person(s) will take insurance from their native. I told the ABH so, and they noted it down. But anyway you need to show proof of insurance when you apply for visa in the German consulate. My parents(India) tool a policy from the National Assurance Company.

Short-term visas like Tourist visas CANNOT be extended here!

Off topic: Even if not required by law( it IS in the above case) it is good to have one when you go abroad. And a year long policy for ppl like us, travelling outside Germany costs just 8-14 Euro, depending on your marital status)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/13/05 1:47 AM as a reply to Du Pac.
"Short-term visas like Tourist visas CANNOT be extended here!"

they can. although it's not widely practiced, mostly 'cause the people involved - tourists - know absolutely nothing or they are the real tourists

the ones that know the rules, tend to get a right kind of visa from the very beginning
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/13/05 2:24 PM as a reply to Du Pac.
"the ones that know the rules, tend to get a right kind of visa from the very beginning"

What is this "right kind of visa" by the way. As far as I know :
1) if I invite some one to Germany that is possible only with Tourist visa.
2) Tourist visa is issued max. for 3 months.
3) Tourist visa is very difficult to extend. It is possible(as learned from some individual cases) but really very difficult to convince the ABH guys in order to get it extended.

So if you know any other kind of visa for tourists which can be issued for more than 3 months OR which can be extended later please share with us.

Soni
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/14/05 2:07 AM as a reply to Du Pac.
"1) if I invite some one to Germany that is possible only with Tourist visa."

you forget about business visa ;)

"2) Tourist visa is issued max. for 3 months."

yes

"3) Tourist visa is very difficult to extend."

is not difficult to extend it on 3 other months

is difficult to exchange it on a residence permit, but it's possible as well

very-very difficult to convince the guys from ABH that invited guy could not leave Germany in time as prescribed by their visa. but hey! you must make necessary applications in advance - d.h. as soon as person arrived here - and not when the guy did not leave Germany and sits without any valid visa waiting for a deportation.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott