Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Validity of long term visa only for 90days

Toggle
Hello All,

First of all I would like to thank this forum for all the valuable information it has provided me for applying a long term german national visa. 

I applied for the national visa from Mumbai, India, got approval from the embassy and sent my passport for stamping. 

However, I am surprised to see that I have been given a visa valid only for 3 months. Visa type is D and multiple entry in Deutschland. I have a permanent contract from a German company and am eligible for Blue Card. 

I understand that i will have to apply for a residence permit once i am in germany but I would like to know will I get something else stamped on my passport after I get the residence permit which extends the validity of current visa from 90 days to say 4 years. Just worried how do I travel to and from India after these 90 days are over. The immigration checks the visa validity date on passport if I am not wrong. Please clarify?
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Validity of long term visa only for 90days
Answer
3/31/16 9:14 PM as a reply to Mujtaba Amin Bhat.
No worries, when you are in Germany get all the necessary documents and apply to the foreigners office of your residence as soon as possible. They will give a Blue Card to you that lasts longer (for example 3 years valid) which you have to carry along with your passport. Then you can travel to India and back as you wish.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott