Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Family reunion visa help (applying all at a time)

Toggle
Dear All,
I need help/advice/suggestions in applying for family reunion visa for my wife and my kid (two-month old).
I am offered a job in Germany and planned to join in June or Aug (last month I attended a interview in Germany and they are happy to offer me the job and also the works council have agreed, what is works council?).
In two weeks I'll get my employment contract and thinking of applying for a employment visa in the end of next month. I got married in 2014 and registered our marriage in 2015. And I already lived in Germany for about 8 years (Masters and PhD did there).
My doubt:
1. Can we three (myself, wife and kid) apply for visa (employment visa for myself, family reunion visa for my wife and kid) on the same day at German consulate at Chennai? But I will go first to Germany and search for a house and then come back India to bring back my wife and kid to Germany, because my wife did not do any degree and she just studied up to 9th class. Moreover, she cannot speak English properly so I should be with her while applying for visa and assist during flight travel (we have baby). Hopefully I will be employed as senior postdoctoral scientist and therefore no German skill need for my wife.
2.Since we three apply at the same time..I cannot get a 'Meldebescheinigung'. Is it needed?
3. She dont have birth certificate (age: 33). Is it important? But I think we can get one.
4. No matriculation certificate. But have a transfer certificate when she left 9th class in the middle. Is that sufficient?
5. Proof of residence: I added her name in my ration card only last year is that okay, because they are asking for 4 yrs. Aadhaar details is not yet updated (so the address in the aadhaar card shows her old address)
6. How do we know the price of document verification? Will it be informed during the visa interview? If yes, how to take DD immediately to give them..or just pay in cash?
7. To which address the investigator/verification officer will come for enquiry, to the address mentioned in passport or to the address mentioned in National visa application form? Address in passport is my address. After subimssion my wife will go to her mother's home and thereofore no one will be in my home. So will it be a good idea to mention her mother's address in national visa application form. (but in her pp her husband, i.e. my address is there).

Thank you very much for your help.
Regards, Raji.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Family reunion visa help (applying all at a time)
Answer
3/31/16 10:21 AM as a reply to Raji.
As per my knowledge:
its better to apply all in same time when you are in india.it is possible. house registartion copy is not required if you are in in india and applying. better to get  unlimited contract of your job offer under blue card eligibility. work council is common for every company in germany. it is like association to solve employee problems legally.its better to add your wife name in your passport if possible. marraige certificate is required. if possible in german translation can be done. check below  http://www.india.diplo.de/Vertretung/indien/en/06__Consu__Visa/visa__new/NATIONAL/NATIONAL.html
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/31/16 10:39 AM as a reply to hari k l.
hari k l:

As per my knowledge:

its better to apply all in same time when you are in india.it is possible. house registartion copy is not required if you are in in india and applying. better to get  unlimited contract of your job offer under blue card eligibility. work council is common for every company in germany. it is like association to solve employee problems legally.its better to add your wife name in your passport if possible. marraige certificate is required. if possible in german translation can be done. check below  http://www.india.diplo.de/Vertretung/indien/en/06__Consu__Visa/visa__new/NATIONAL/NATIONAL.html
Hello Hari, Thanks for your reply. I will think of adding my wife name in my passport. Seems like all can apply at the same time..So I need to write a proper cover letter informing our schedule of travel etc..Unfortunately I cannot get unliited contract. Its for  two years..and then extended for another one more year. So now I also need to know the procedure for appling Blue card? Do I need to applt from India..or after going to Germany?
Somewhere I read that even with 2 years contract one can get Blue card (for scientists)? Not sure how far it is true. Also is it true that by default all married couples will be checked in their homes/house by an investigating officer??
Regards, Raji.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/31/16 11:16 AM as a reply to Raji.
there is no separate application or no separe procedure for blue card. it is national visa only.  they will give 3 months for long term national visa in india. you have to update same after coming to germany for 2 years valid or any according to job offer . if it is unlimited, staight wya they will give 4 years after coming ad updating in germany. if possible, ask your company for unlimited contract and say you will get 4 years visa. the can change if you request. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/23/16 6:35 AM as a reply to Raji.
Hi Raji,
I am also applying for a similar kind of visa from Bangalore. In my case I am planning to travel with my wife and my contract is unlimited. Let me know how the procedure went if you already went to german consulate.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/5/16 4:41 PM as a reply to AG.
Hello AG,
we 3 applied for visa at chennai consulate and got visa exactly after 4 weeks. Luckily it was easy for us to get visa, they did not ask any question..
I did not submit birth certificate for my wife (she did not have one), but submitted a transfer certificate.
Questions 6 and 7 in my previous post did not applied to us.
Cheers, Raji
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18